Reginald Earle McBurney 2,48
- Born: 7 Jan 1894, Winchester, Souris, Manitoba, Canada 1,2,48
- Marriage: Carrothina Galbraith on 14 Sep 1918 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 1,2,48
- Died: 24 Aug 1967, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada at age 73 2,48,572
Noted events in his life were:
• 1901 Census of Canada, 24 Apr 1901, Cameron, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 265 Brandon, Cameron Municipality, Twp. 6, Rge. 23, W1, p. 11, lines 17-22 , Family 105;
Reginald C., age 7, with father John J., age 40, mother Eliza, age 30 , and brothers Ernest, age 8, Charles, age 6, and Joyce, age 1.
• 1906 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), 10 Jul 1906, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 267 Manitoba, Souris District, Hartney, Sec. 2, Twp. 6, Rge. 23, W1, p. 25 , lines 32-39, household 194;
Reginald, age 12, with father James, age 46, mother Elizabeth, age 36 , and siblings Earnest, age 14, Charles, age 11, Joyce, age 6, and Edi th, age 9 months, with Hired Man, Daniel Bird, age 19.
• 1911 Census of Canada: Sec. 2, Twp. 6, Rge. 23, W1, 1911, Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 268 Manitoba, Souris, p. 3, lines 11-18, household 24;
Reginald, age 17, with farher John, age 51, mother Elizabeth Jane, ag e 41, and siblings Ernest, age 19, Charles, age 16, Joyce, age 11, an d Edith, age 5, with domestic Jean Mccos, age 22.
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), 1916, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 269 Manitoba, Souris District, Hartney Village, p. 8, lines 38-45, househo ld 89;
Reginald, age 22, with father John James, age 56, mother Elizabeth, ag e 46, and siblings Ernest, age 24, Charles, age 21, Joyce, age 15, Edi th, age 10, and Russel James, age 3.
• Military, 1916, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 573 (Part of a dissertation on Hartney's Part in World War- I)
Early in 1916 a recruiting centre was opened at Hartney and by Februar y there were enough enlisted men to form a training unit. It was attac hed to the 222nd Battalion under the command of Lieut. Colonel Lightfo ot. Walter W. Watson, who was with the H. Hunter Hardware Co., enliste d in Winnipeg in January, and after a month's training, was sent bac k to Hartney as sergeant of the new unit. Company Sarg.-Major R. Selle rs was given the task of drilling the new recruits even before their u niforms were issued in February. The recruits to the Hartney unit wer e William Baker, A. H. Grieve, A. Hurschman, William Jackson, G. McKen zie, F. A. Peterson, Kenneth Ross, William Dooley, Joe Dooley, J. G. H ale, Charles Ingram, J. McLean, J. Nolan, A. Peacock, J. C. Robinson , H. Samuel, A. Slimmons, L. G. Wannan, Thomas Scott, Charles Walker , Robert Rutherford, Walter Watson, Russell Spencer, A. A. Whidden, an d Reginald McBurney who, because of ill health, was unable to p roceed
• Occupation: Bank Clerk, 19 Apr 1916, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 233
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 574 Manitoba, Brandon, p. 24, lines 12-15, household 261;
Reginald, age 27, with wife Carthina, age 29, and daughter Louise, ag e 1, with lodger John Cooter, age 26.
• Employment, 1954, Souris, Manitoba, Canada. 575 with the Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. (retired in 1954).
• Elder, Bef 1967, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 575
• Membership: Brandon Male Voice Choir, Bef 1967, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 575
• Military: Canadian Overseas Expedition Force, 19 Apr 1916, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 233 Regimental Number 292387.
Reginald married Carrothina Galbraith, daughter of John P. Galbraith and Annie Blue McRorie, on 14 Sep 1918 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 1,2.,48 (Carrothina Galbraith was born on 2 May 1894 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 2,48,59,576,577 and died on 11 Jun 1982 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 2,48,576.)