Verna Katherine Jackson 2,48
- Born: 14 Sep 1913, Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 2,48,112
- Marriage: Samuel Arthur Pounder on 10 Oct 1935 in Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 2,48,112
- Died: 11 Apr 1980, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada at age 66 2,48,112
- Buried: 1980, Souris, Manitoba, Canada 19
Verna was in a car accident. A non-malignant tumor grew beside her sp ine. In the operation the doctors severed her spinal cord. It was th ought that she would die, but she did not.
Art died from cancer involving the lungs and liver. He had about si x months of severe illness. Vera died from pneumonia and further comp lications. It was very quick. Perhaps, too, she died from missing A rt too much. He was very good to her.
Noted events in her life were:
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): Twp. 7, Rge. 22, W1, 1916. 70 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
P. 16, Lines 3 - 10, Household 163; Verna, age 2, with father Thomas , age 36, mother Adeline, age 32, and siblings Vera, age 9, Vida, ag e 7, Cecil, age 5, and Ena, age 10 days, with Edward Taylor, age 38.
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921. 117 Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Brandon, Glenwood Municipality, Sec. 6, Twp. 8, Rge. 22, p. 13, line s 43-50, household 122;
Verna, age 7, with father Thomas, age 31, mother Adeline, age 41, sibl ings Vera, age 14, Vida, age 12, Cecil, age 11, Ena, age 5, and servan t Donald Cameron, age 20.
• Cemetery: Souris & Glenwood Cemetery, 1980. 19 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
1913 ----- 1980
IN LOVING MEMORY
Verna married Samuel Arthur Pounder, son of Richard Atkinson Pounder and Mary Ann Rowe, on 10 Oct 1935 in Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 2,48.,112 (Samuel Arthur Pounder was born on 22 Aug 1907 in Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada,2,48,112 died on 2 Feb 1979 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada 2,48,112 and was buried in 1979 in Souris, Manitoba, Canada 19.)