June Evelyn Johnson 2,15
- Born: 2 Jun 1918, Scotsguard, , Saskatchewan, Canada 31
- Christened: 9 Jun 1919, Scotsguard, , Saskatchewan, Canada 18
- Marriage: Lloyd Richard McBurney on 12 Jul 1939 in Souris, , Manitoba, Canada 15,25
- Died: 10 Mar 1941, Brandon, , Manitoba, Canada at age 22 15,31
- Buried: 13 Mar 1941, Souris, , Manitoba, Canada 24
Noted events in her life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921, Scotsguard, , Saskatchewan, Canada. 21 Bone Creek Municipality; Sec. 1, Twp. 10, Rge 17, W3; p. 5, lines 18-22, household 65;
June Evelyn, age 3, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, age 41, and siblings Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, and Annie Laura, age 1 1/2.
• Emmigrated: from Canada through USA, 18 Jul 1922, , , , Sweden. 33 With father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and Anne.
• Handwriting. 29 This is a sample of June's handwriting.
• Immigrated: from Sweden, 31 Jul 1923, Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada. 34 Arrived in Quebec aboard the Empress of Scotland sailing from Malino (sailing date 25 July 1923)
with father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and Anne.
• Cemetery: Souris & Glenwood Cemetery, NE 04-08-21 W, 13 Mar 1941, Souris, , Manitoba, Canada. 24
June married Lloyd Richard McBurney, son of John Albert McBurney and Annie Christina Manning, on 12 Jul 1939 in Souris, , Manitoba, Canada 15.,25 (Lloyd Richard McBurney was born on 9 Mar 1914 in Mentieth, Glenwood, Manitoba, Canada,15 died on 22 Jul 1976 in Souris, , Manitoba, Canada 15 and was buried on 24 Jul 1976 in Souris, , Manitoba, Canada 15,26.). The cause of his death was Heart Attack.
The following was written for Lloyd & June's Wedding day.
A quiet wedding took place at the United Church parsonage, Souris, on Wednesday afternoon, July 12, when Miss June Evelyn Johnson, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Lars Johnson of Scotsguard, was united in marriage to Mr. Lloyd Richard McBurney, Hartney. Reverend A. D. Menzies performed the ceremony in the presence of Miss Patricia McBurney and Mr. Stewart McBurney. Others attending were Mr. & Mrs. C. Mortenson and Miss Ruth McBurney of Gull Lake, and Mr. Kenneth Williams of Mentieth. Following the ceremony the bridal party enjoyed a dinner at the Chocolate Shop. Mr. & Mrs. McBurney will reside in Hartney. Best wishes for a happy married life are extended to these young folks.
When God sends forth a spotless soul
to learn the ways of Earth
A mother's love is waiting here
We call this wonder "Birth"
When He calls home a tired soul
And stills a fitful breath
Love Devine is waitinf there
This too, is Birth - not Death.
- Grace P. Colby