June Evelyn Johnson 2,18
- Born: 2 Jun 1918, Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada 39
- Christened: 9 Jun 1919, Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada 21
- Marriage: Lloyd Richard McBurney on 12 Jul 1939 in Souris, Manitoba, Canada 18,33
- Died: 10 Mar 1941, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada at age 22 18,36,39
- Buried: 13 Mar 1941, Souris, Manitoba, Canada 22
Address: Hospital for Mental Diseases
Brandon, Manitoba Canada
Address: Souris & Glenwood Cemetery
NE 04-08-21 W
Noted events in her life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada: June Evelyn, age 3, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, age 41, 1921. 27 , and siblings Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, and Annie Laura, age 1 1/2.
Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
Bone Creek Municipality; Sec. 1, Twp. 10, Rge 17, W3; p. 5, lines 18-2 2, household 65;
June Evelyn, age 3, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, age 41 , and siblings Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, and Annie Laura, age 1 1/2.
• Emmigrated: from Canada through USA, 18 Jul 1922. 42,43 Sweden
With father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and Anne.
• Immigrated: from Sweden, 31 Jul 1923. 44 Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada
Arrived in Quebec aboard the Empress of Scotland sailing from Malino ( sailing date 25 July 1923)
with father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and Anne.
• Handwriting. 37 This is a sample of June's handwriting.
• Cemetery: Souris & Glenwood Cemetery, NE 04-08-21 W, 13 Mar 1941. 22 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
June married Lloyd Richard McBurney, son of John Albert McBurney and Annie Christina Manning, on 12 Jul 1939 in Souris, Manitoba, Canada 18.,33 (Lloyd Richard McBurney was born on 9 Mar 1914 in Mentieth, Glenwood, Manitoba, Canada,4,18 died on 22 Jul 1976 in Souris, Manitoba, Canada 4,18 and was buried on 24 Jul 1976 in Souris, Manitoba, Canada 4,18,34.). The cause of his death was Heart Attack.
The following was written for Lloyd & June's Wedding day.
A quiet wedding took place at the United Church parsonage, Souris, o n Wednesday afternoon, July 12, when Miss June Evelyn Johnson, daughte r of Mr. & Mrs. Lars Johnson of Scotsguard, was united in marriage t o Mr. Lloyd Richard McBurney, Hartney. Reverend A. D. Menzies perform ed the ceremony in the presence of Miss Patricia McBurney and Mr. Stew art McBurney. Others attending were Mr. & Mrs. C. Mortenson and Mis s Ruth McBurney of Gull Lake, and Mr. Kenneth Williams of Mentieth. F ollowing the ceremony the bridal party enjoyed a dinner at the Chocola te Shop. Mr. & Mrs. McBurney will reside in Hartney. Best wishes fo r a happy married life are extended to these young folks.
When God sends forth a spotless soul
to learn the ways of Earth
A mother's love is waiting here
We call this wonder "Birth"
When He calls home a tired soul
And stills a fitful breath
Love Devine is waitinf there
This too, is Birth - not Death.
- Grace P. Colby