James Maurice Switzer 2,232
- Born: 1813, Elizabeth, Union, New Jersey, USA 232
- Marriage: Martha Rebekah Simpson on 26 Jan 1836 in Bayfield, Huron, Ontario, Canada 232
- Died: 29 Dec 1880, Streetsville, Peel, Ontario, Canada at age 67 232
- Buried: Bayfield, Huron, Ontario, Canada 232
James came from Toronto to Goderich Township about 1834. He bought a f arm on lot 69 for 43 pounds,17 shillings and 6 pence, which is still h eld by one of his descendants. James was a Methodist preacher as wel l as a farmer and although he was nearly blind, could recite the Psalm s and his hymn book from memory.
Address: Bayfield Cemetery
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth: Ontario, Canada. 233 Selina's Death record shows James's birth place as Ontario, Canada.
Selina's Death record shows James's birth place as Ontario, Canada.
• Census: Goderich, Huron county, Conc.B, Lot 69: Bayfield, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 232
• Occupation: Methodist preacher, farmer. 232
• Cemetery: Bayfield Cemetery, 1880, Bayfield, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 232
• 1861 Census of Canada: James, age 49, with wife Martha R., age 44, and children Joseph, age 2, 1861, Goderich, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 93 1, Benjamin, age 19, Selina, age 17, Maria C., age 15, Louesa, age 13 , Elizabeth, age 7, James B., age 5, and Samuel G., age 1.
James married Martha Rebekah Simpson on 26 Jan 1836 in Bayfield, Huron, Ontario, Canada.232 (Martha Rebekah Simpson was born in 1817 in Wigton, Cumberland, England 232 and died in 1899 232.)