Leslie John Robert McBurney 2,60
- Born: 11 Sep 1920, Mentieth, Glenwood, Manitoba, Canada 2,60
- Marriage: Lilian Mabel McKenzie on 9 Aug 1945 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 2,60
- Died: 8 Nov 1993, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada at age 73 2,60
Cause of his death was Intestinal cancer.
Another name for Leslie was Les.2
Les went to Forbes School and Deleau High School.
Les was in the Merchant Navy from 1942-1945. Afterwards he went int o cabinet making and later custom sailboat construction. This prove d to be a life-long career. Les was a quiet hard working man who appr eciated a job well-done. Truly a handy-man, he was often called upo n to do major or minor fixup and construction jobs. Often seen smokin g a pipe, like his father before him, he and Lil enjoyed an active ret irement. Les could always be picked out in a crowd, the man with th e crew-cut hair! He called himself "Lestor" at one time.
Les was cremated after his death, and his ashes were spread at sea.
Noted events in his life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada: Leslie, age 9 months, with father Russell, age 32, mother May, age 23, 1921, Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. 85 , and lodger Arthur Lockman, age 23.
Manitoba, Brandon, Glenwood Mun.; Sec. 5, Twp. 7, Rge. 22, W1; p. 10 , lines 4-7, household 93;
Leslie, age 9 months, with father Russell, age 32, mother May, age 23 , and lodger Arthur Lockman, age 23.
• Canadian Voter List: 2930 Silver Avenue, 1957, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. 7
Leslie married Lilian Mabel McKenzie, daughter of McKenzie and Mabel, on 9 Aug 1945 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada 2.,60 (Lilian Mabel McKenzie was born on 18 Sep 1924 2,60.)