Peter Reid 2,59
- Born: 1819, Glasgow, , Lanark, Scotland 59
- Marriage: Isabelle Melville
- Died: 1900 at age 81 59
- Buried: Langside, Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 59
Cause of his death was pernicious anaemia.
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Trade as a tailor, Cir 1815-1841, , , , Scotland. 59 After arriving in Canada, he worked as a tailor in: Toronto, Ottawa, and Watford.
After coming to Kinloss Twp. in 1854, Peter was appointed Clerk of the Township in 1856. For the next 44 years he never missed a Council meeting. He retired after 44 years of service and was presented with a leather easy chair. In April 1900 he died of pernicious anaemia.
• Residence: Lot 25, Concession 5, 1855, , Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada. 59 Peter Reid owned this 100 acres and on December 8, 1855 he sold the north half of Lots 25 and 26, Concession 5 to Robert Farish (Dunfieshire, Scotland). The price was107 pounds, 10 shillings.
• 1871 Census of Canada, 1871, , Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada. 285 Ontario, Bruce Co., Kinloss Twp., p. 75, lines 15-20,household 208;
Peter, age 55, with wife Isabella, age 53, and children Jane, age 17, Alexander, age 15, Andrew, age 13, and Bell, age 13.
Peter married Isabelle Melville. (Isabelle Melville was born in 1818 in Stirling, , Stirling, Scotland,59 died in 1899 59 and was buried in Langside, Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 59.)