Susanne Smallman How 2,63,459
- Born: 1836, Ontario, Canada 68,459,703
- Marriage: Robert Pettypiece on 7 May 1853 in Marlborough, Carleton, Ontario, Canada 63,68
- Died: 25 Jun 1892, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada at age 56 459
- Buried: Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 19
Another name for Susanne was Suzanne Smallman How.
Address: Riverside Cemetery
Hartney, Manitoba Canada
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Name: Also known as Suzanna.
• 1871 Census of Canada, 1871. 703 Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Bruce Co., Kinloss Twp., p. 27, lines 4-7, household 77;
Susanna, age 34, with husband Robert, age 34, and children Jane, age 1 4 and William James, age 7.
• 1881 Census of Canada, 4 Apr 1881. 704 Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada
Bruce County, Kinloss District, page 69, lines 5-8, household 294;
Suzanna, age 48, with husband Robert, age 46, and William James Scarf , age 16.
• Religion: Methodist, After 1888. 706 Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada
Mrs. Beynon, an active Christian woman, was concerned because the dist ance to Whitewater or to Melgund was too great for their family and th ose of their neighbors, to attend Sunday services regularly. She discu ssed the matter with Mrs. Jasper and Mrs. Robert Pettypiece, wh o after 1888 lived on 15-6-23, both Methodists, and both eager to hav e regular Sunday worship services. Soon these three women arranged Sun day prayer meetings to be held at the homes of each in tum. Mrs. Lilli an Beynon Thomas now (1956) living in Winnipeg, tells of the meeting s at her home to which the neighbors came flocking. They came on foo t or riding horseback; they came in wagons or on stoneboats, so anxiou s were they to meet their friends and worship with them. One man cam e on a hay rake drawn by an ox and a horse. The services were simple . Mr. Beynon, Mr. Jasper or Mr. Pettypiece read the Bible, expl ained the passage as he saw it and led in prayer. Everyone joined in s inging the old hymns and through the inspiration and unity of their si nging was drawn closer to his neighbors.
• Cemetery: Riverside Cemetery, 1892. 19 Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada
• Grave Marker: Riverside Cemetery, Jun 1892. Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada
Susanne married Robert Pettypiece, son of William Pettypiece and Susan Morrison, on 7 May 1853 in Marlborough, Carleton, Ontario, Canada 63.,68 (Robert Pettypiece was born on 1 Jul 1835 in Marlborough, Carleton, Ontario, Canada,63,68,459 died on 21 Sep 1909 in Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 68,459,702 and was buried in Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 19.)