|Susanne Smallman How
Another name for Susanne was Suzanne Smallman How.
Address: Riverside Cemetery
Noted events in her life were:
• Alt. Name: Also known as Suzanna.
• 1871 Census of Canada, 1871, Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada. 720 Ontario, Bruce Co., Kinloss Twp., p. 27, lines 4-7, household 77;
• 1881 Census of Canada, 4 Apr 1881, Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada. 721 Bruce County, Kinloss District, page 69, lines 5-8, household 294;
• Religion: Methodist, After 1888, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 723 Mrs. Beynon, an active Christian woman, was concerned because the dist ance to Whitewater or to Melgund was too great for their family and th ose of their neighbors, to attend Sunday services regularly. She discu ssed the matter with Mrs. Jasper and Mrs. Robert Pettypiece, wh o after 1888 lived on 15-6-23, both Methodists, and both eager to hav e regular Sunday worship services. Soon these three women arranged Sun day prayer meetings to be held at the homes of each in tum. Mrs. Lilli an Beynon Thomas now (1956) living in Winnipeg, tells of the meeting s at her home to which the neighbors came flocking. They came on foo t or riding horseback; they came in wagons or on stoneboats, so anxiou s were they to meet their friends and worship with them. One man cam e on a hay rake drawn by an ox and a horse. The services were simple . Mr. Beynon, Mr. Jasper or Mr. Pettypiece read the Bible, expl ained the passage as he saw it and led in prayer. Everyone joined in s inging the old hymns and through the inspiration and unity of their si nging was drawn closer to his neighbors.
• Cemetery: Riverside Cemetery, 1892, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada. 26
• Grave Marker: Riverside Cemetery, Jun 1892, Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada.
Susanne married Robert Pettypiece, son of William Pettypiece and Susan Morrison, on 7 May 1853 in Marlborough, Carleton, Ontario, Canada 72.,77 (Robert Pettypiece was born on 1 Jul 1835 in Marlborough, Carleton, Ontario, Canada,72,77,475 died on 21 Sep 1909 in Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 77,475,719 and was buried in Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 26.)