John McBurney 2,48
- Born: 1843, , , , Ireland 2,48
- Died: 21 Jul 1862, , Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada at age 19 2,48
- Buried: , Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 59
Noted events in his life were:
• Immigration: to Canada, 1848. through Little York (Toronto, , Ontario, Canada).
From the obituary of William McBurney:
William and his family set sail from Ireland in a sailing vessel, which took upward of two months in crossing the Atlantic (Ocean), they landed at Little York, now Toronto and took up their first residence at Beverly, not far from Woodstock, from which place they came into the woods in the year of the "Sale of the Land," in 1848, and settled on Lot 31, Concession 6, Kinloss.
NOTE: The 1851 Census of Canada shows the family (John and Mary with children Hugh, Richard, James Arthur, John, and William) still living in Beverly Township of Wentworth County. The 1861 Census shows them living in Kinloss.
• 1851 Census of Ontario, 12 Jan 1852, , Beverly, Wentworth, Ontario, Canada. 63 The Personal Census information for Beverly District is missing, but father John was listed in the Agricultural Census for Beverly Township in Wentworth County of Canada West, p. 31, line 5, as living on Cons. 9, lot 31. He had 2 acres of land where he grew Oats and Potatoes. He had 100 lbs. of Maple Sugar, 2 Bulls or Oxen, 2 milk cows, 1 calf, 2 horses, 2 pigs, and 1 barrel or cwt. of Pork.
• 1861 Census of Canada: Lot 31, Concession 6, 14 Jan 1861, , Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada. 64 Age 16 with father John (48), mother Mary (43) and siblings Hugh (22), Richard (20), William (13), Thomas (11), Jane (10), Margaret (7), Annie Maria (4), and John James (1).
They were described as living in a one storey log home.
• Cemetery: St Helen's Cemetery, Kinloss Twp., Bruce Co, 1862, , Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada. 59