John McBurney 2,58
- Born: 1843, Ireland 2,58
- Died: 21 Jul 1862, Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada at age 19 2,58
- Buried: Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 71
Address: St Helen's Cemetery
Kinloss Twp., Bruce Co.
Noted events in his life were:
• Immigration: to Canada, 1848. through Little York (Toronto, , Ontario, Canada).
From the obituary of William McBurney:
William and his family set sail from Ireland in a sailing vessel, whic h took upward of two months in crossing the Atlantic (Ocean), they lan ded at Little York, now Toronto and took up their first residence at B everly, not far from Woodstock, from which place they came into the wo ods in the year of the "Sale of the Land," in 1848, and settled on Lo t 31, Concession 6, Kinloss.
NOTE: The 1851 Census of Canada shows the family (John and Mary with c hildren Hugh, Richard, James Arthur, John, and William) still living i n Beverly Township of Wentworth County. The 1861 Census shows them liv ing in Kinloss.
• 1851 Census of Ontario, 12 Jan 1852. 78 Beverly, Wentworth, Ontario, Canada
The Personal Census information for Beverly District is missing, but f ather John was listed in the Agricultural Census for Beverly Townshi p in Wentworth County of Canada West, p. 31, line 5, as living on Cons . 9, lot 31. He had 2 acres of land where he grew Oats and Potatoes . He had 100 lbs. of Maple Sugar, 2 Bulls or Oxen, 2 milk cows, 1 cal f, 2 horses, 2 pigs, and 1 barrel or cwt. of Pork.
• 1861 Census of Canada: John, age 16, with father John, age 48, mother Mary, age 43, and sibli, 14 Jan 1861. 77 ngs Hugh, age 22, Ritchie, age 20, William, age 13, Thomas, age 11, Ja ne, age 10, Marg, age 7, Ann M., age 4, and James, age 1.
Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada
Age 16 with father John (48), mother Mary (43) and siblings Hugh (22) , Richard (20), William (13), Thomas (11), Jane (10), Margaret (7), An nie Maria (4), and John James (1).
They were described as living in a one storey log home.
• Cemetery: St Helen's Cemetery, Kinloss Twp., Bruce Co, 1862. 71 Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada
• Residence: Lot 31, Concession 6, 1861. 77 Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada