Joseph Tiffin
Sally Grave
John Moor
(Abt 1756-)
Elizabeth Jackson
Joseph Tiffin
Elizabeth Moore
Reuben Tiffin


Family Links

Margaret Jane Taylor

Reuben Tiffin 64

  • Born: 11 Nov 1843, Scott, Ontario, Canada 4,33,64
  • Marriage: Margaret Jane Taylor on 23 Mar 1875 in Huron, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 64,473
  • Died: 30 May 1930, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada at age 86 64
  • Buried: May 1930, Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada 4

bullet  General Notes:

Rueben Tiffin and Margaret Taylor Tiffin
Water Works Wonders
A History of the White, Wilson, McMahon,
River Junction School Districts Page 437 - 439
by Beryl Tiffin
Grandpa Tiffin, a pioneer of the Lethbridge District known as Reuben , was born in l843 and died May 3O,l930. He was the youngest member o f the family of five boys and three girls, and was the only one that w as born in Canada. The father's first name is not known, but his mothe r's maiden surname was Dryden. They came to Canada by sailing boat tha t took six weeks to cross the Atlantic Ocean. There were two brother s that traveled from England to Canada. After landing they reported t o have used the only means of travel
at that time was by oxen and wagon, cutting their way through the fore st to the final destination near Toronto.
Before Grandpa Tiffin was of school age, the family moved to Godrich , travelling through forest to their destination. Grandpa Tiffin gre w up in this district and later was married to Margaret Taylor of Godr ich. They lived on the home farm for a short while, then sold out an d moved to Lucknow.
Previously three other brothers moved to Langside, then one of them, J ackson, moved to Manitoba about 1890. Grandpa Tiffin and his family li ved there until they pulled up stakes and moved west.
Their family consisted of five boys and one girl, of which more inform ation will be given as they are the sons and daughter of one of the pi oneers of Lethbridge District.
Grandpa Tiffin was born in 1843 near Toronto and died in Lethbridge Ma y 30, 1930. Grandma Tiffin, whose maiden name was Margaret Taylor wa s born in 1844 in Canada, place of birth is unknown and died at Lethbr idge in 1907.
The family consist of:
Allie, born in 1876 and died in 1940 at Elmworth near Beaver Lodge i n the Peace River Country.
William Albert, known as Bert born in 1879 and died in Victoria B.C. i n 1955.
Reuben Taylor, born in 1883 and died in Cranbrook May 20, 1951.
Joseph John, known as Jack was born in 1886 and lived on the same far m they came to in 1901 until he passed away in 1966.
One boy born about 1890 deceased during infancy.
Melvin Earl, born in 1893 and died in Vancouver in 1958.
On March 18, 1901 Reuben Tiffin with his wife Margaret and the famil y boarded the train to Lucknow under blizzard conditions and travelle d west for eight days and nights arriving in Lethbridge on a balmy war m spring day. Land being scarce in Bruce County in Ontario and jobs no t available, Grandpa decided to look for other places for his growin g family so decided to come west. In 1900 Grandpa Tiffin came to Manit oba on the harvest excursion and worked at Pilot Mound Manitoba for th e threshing season. After harvest he inquired and looked around fo r a new place to locate. During his travels he came across a gentlema n who told him of the irrigation development in Lethbndge in the Nort h West Territories. That fall he came out to investigate. After looki ng over the situation, he decided this would be a good place to settle . When he returned home, he talked it over with the family and all agr eed to sell the farm and move west.
Seven head of horses and one cow, a buggy, a wagon and some househol d effects were loaded in two box cars. In transporting animals to thei r destination, two members of the family rode free of charge to look a fter the stock. This was Bert and Jack's job. On the way out they me t a cousin, Dick McBurney, at Winnipeg who wanted to go west too, an d so he hopped on the box car and rode with Bert and Jack.
After arriving in Lethbridge the family rented a house on Third Avenu e that used to be the O.K. restaurant, where the A.M.A. office is no w located. Just across the street Dr. Frank H. Mewburn had his residen ce. Dr. Galbraith was his assistant and used to ride horseback makin g his visits to the homes. His horse was blue-grey with a white face a nd patch on one side. He just loped along slowly at a snails pace, t o make his calls. The Lethbridge Herald 60th Anniversary Edition show s a picture of Dr. Galbraith sitting on this particular horse.
In the spring of 1901, the irrigation ditch was completed. The water c ommenced to flow in a small stream down Third Avenue. The children i n the area thought it was great joy to play in the water. One day the y discovered a good sized fish in the stream. Being the eldest and bi ggest boy, Jack came up with the fish for supper.
Grandpa Tiffin by this time had completed negotiations for the purchas e of 3/4 of section 11, township 8, range 21, west of the 4th meridian . The land was purchased at the rate of $8.00 an acre below the ditch , and $3.00 an acre above the ditch, to be paid in ten years.
A carpenter was hired and the house and farm buildings were built tha t summer. The contractor's name was Rex, a brother of Mr. Gladstone Vi rtue. The family moved to the farm in the fall. During the summer, lan d was broken using a walking plow. They broke 50 acres that season . A crop was planted and feed was obtained the first year.
In 1902 the year of the flood there was lots of moisture and a good cr op reaped. There were few markets to sell the produce. The Mining Com pany bought some of the grain, the settlers who were moving into the d istrict bought some, and some was sacked and shipped to the mountains . It wasn't until 1912 after the farming congress that markets were es tablished. Settlers were gradually pouring into the district. Among t hem were the Whites, Dr. Fairfield and the Gwatkins. Over the next fe w years more and more settlers were arriving. In 1902, Grandpa Tiffi n and Mr. White, the Baptist Minister, who just lived west of Gwatkins , made arrangements with the Government to build a school. The Seat o f Government for the North-West Territories was situated in Regina. On ce approved the school was built. Melvin Tiffin was one of the first p upils to attend this school. During the first winter in Lethbridge, Be rt Tiffin went to work in Fernie, on the Great Northern Railway Constr uction. The next winter he went to Michel and worked there for the Sa w Mill Company. He found that the mill needed extra help and also extr a horses. He went back home, picked up the team of horses and rode wit h Jack to Macleod to pick up the third horse. Together with the horse s they returned to the Saw Mill Company. Their return trip was treache rous for they were caught in heavy snow fall, and blizzard condition s which made them decide to travel along the railroad track, which wa s more difficult because of encountering bridges on the track. They tr avelled along without mishap around the bridges for a while, until th e horse Bert was leading lost his footing and started to slide down th e mountain side ending up at the bottom of the ravine. A track led the m to the camp which was made during the construction of the railroad . Jack followed Bert with his team. They finally arrived at the camp i n the wee small hours of the morning. At the Saw Mill the work they we re involved in was cutting down the trees, then collecting the logs in to a sloup. One end was loaded on a bob sled and the other end was le ft to trail behind to act as a break. The horses were hitched to the s led and would guide the load down the hills, travelling at break nec k speed to keep out of the way of the load. In the spring Jack returne d home, and Bert stayed on working. This was the spring of the Frank S lide, and Bert was not far away and was soon at the scene of the disas ter when the news arrived. Later that year the Michel fire swept thro ugh and burned the
whole mountain side, thus lumbering was discontinued in the area. Late r Bert obtained work on the bridge construction over the Old Man Rive r on the edge of Lethbridge.
Dick McBurney, the cousin who boarded the train at Winnipeg along wit h Rube, went to Cranbrook and found work there. Rube was soon employe d on the railroad and continued the service on the Canadian Pacific Ra ilway until his retirement in 1940. Dick also was employed by the Can adian Pacific Railway and also continued until his retirement. They bo th completed their service in Cranbrook, although they have worked i n other centres in Western Canada.
During the summer of 1904, an American by the name of Jim Duncan cam e from Idaho with about seventy head of horses. His idea was to locat e a ranch to raise horses for sale on the market. He rented the Archi e Plail homestead in the Porcupine Hills near the Walrond Ranch for th e winter. Arrangements were made for Jack to spend the winter
there to look after Jim Duncan's horses and also their own stock. Tha t winter temperatures went down to 50 below zero, however, the cold sn ap was short and the loss of stock was few. Jack returned home in th e spring. Two years later a cheque of $45.00 from the Burns Company wa s received for the missing steer that turned up at Gleichen in their r ound up about 100 miles away from the Plail Homestead. The brand 4T o n the right rib was the identification of the owner of the animal, reg istered through the Brand Office.
In 1905, Alberta became a province. Jack being in the foothills doesn' t recall any celebrations being planned for that occasion.
In 1906 and 1907, one of the worst winters on record, many of the catt le were lost. The Circle Ranch, located on the Old Man and Little Bo w Rivers,and others were hard hit. The snow storm came from the nort h then the snow thawed and froze solid for the rest of the winter. Th e cattle kept traveling during the day in search of food and stayed wh erever they were for the night. Many of the cattle were dead in the mo rning, the others travelled on. The prairies were covered with a shee t of ice so that the cattle were unable to break through for food. Man y came to the six mile coulee viaduct west of the farm. The folks ha d some hay to winter their own stock but not enough for those passin g by. In the spring of the year they used to ride the range in searc h of their horses. This time in June Jack was riding the Chin Coulee w hen he came upon Joe Gerricks homestead and found that he had just rec eived a shipment of cattle from Manitoba which he thought would be o f fair stock to start a dairy. He rode home with the news.
They were in favor of it, and arrangements were made to purchase seve n head of cattle at forty five dollars a head. This was the start o f the Tiffin's Dairy Business.
The milk was produced on the farm. Billy Reed who lived on the White F arm was the driver for the rig which picked up the milk. Billy Reed' s brother, Job Reed, usually known as Bud, owned the horses and rig th at delivered the milk to the people in town. Billy didn't last long, a nd a brother-in-law of Billy by the name of Watson was the next driver .
In a recent write up in the Lethbridge Herald Mrs. Dora E. Trew, tell s of a section of Lethbridge that was related to the dairying in 188 8 and I quote from her article of; "Old City Street Names remain in Pa rt of History."
"But continue along to Thirteenth street, once called Westminster Road . Look to the left, and the first house across the track, now almost h idden by commercial buildings is the old Wallwork home, once a dairy o n a considerable tract of land. At the back of it still grows a very a ncient cottonwood tree, transplanted from the river bottom in 1888. M any a big can of milk cooled beneath its shade up to 1903.
Now we walk south till we come to Sixth and Seventh Avenue formerly th e area of the market garden managed by the enterprising Job Reed who p layed his energetic part there around 1885. Though trained as a teache r and doctor, he was busy growing and selling vegetables and developin g his dairy herd.
Job Reed, referred to in this write up, is the father of Bill and Bu d Reed, who were connected with the delivery of the milk in Lethbridge . The milk was picked up in bulk cans, then a quart measure was made a t the tin smiths to measure the milk for the householder. The househol ders came out with their own container and the milk was measured out i nto it.
The quantity of milk available in the winter usually fell down becaus e in the summer there was more feed available and the pattern of repro duction came during the summer months. Then the quota system came int o being so as to have more milk available in winter. Remedies to thi s situation will come later and will be discussed.
We shall now find out what each member of the family did during thei r life time. In June 1907, the family was saddened by the loss of thei r mother, Grandma Tiffin. Then in the fall happy events took place fo r Bert married Florence Robinson and Allie married Franklin Brewer.
Allie was the eldest in the family and was quite a musician. She taug ht music lessons in Lucknow and played the organ for church services . She continued giving musical enjoyment in their communities for man y years.
Franklin originally came from Nova Scotia. For a while they lived wit h Grandpa Tiffin, Allie, continued to look after the family. Later o n they bought a quarter section land in Bow City. They farmed there f or a few years then sold out and moved to Elmworth, near Beaver Lodge . In the meantime three girls were born including a set of twins One o f the twins died and was buried in Lethbridge in the Tiffin family plo t. In Elmworth they filed on a homestead and obtained the land after t hree years and continued farming until their death. When Grandpa Tiff in was eighty years of age he went up to Elmworth, filed on a homestea d and stayed six months of the year with Allie and Franklin for thre e years. Franklin made the improvements each year until Grandpa Tiffi n obtained the Title and then turned it over to Allie and Franklin.
After Allie had passed away, Franklin remarried Myrle Cambell in Jul y 8, 1945 and died on October 31, 1961.
Bert Tiffin was one of the first settlers under the A.R. & I. ditch, a nd broke his land with a walking plow. He farmed for 52 years until h e retired to Victoria in 1953. He died in 1955 at age 74.
Bert and Florence started their married life on the farm at Lethbridge . In 1908, their only child, a daughter, was born. After several year s Bert purchased a half section of land at Iron Springs and moved ther e, renting out the home place. Later he filed on a homestead in the sa me district. Several years later he sold the land returning to their f arm in Lethbridge. He then bought a half section west of Henderson's f arm on the Magrath Road. In 1940, this land was sold to the Hutterit e Colony. He bought two sections of land east of Warner. He also was i n partnership with Mr. D.P. Carlyle on a half section of land just nor th of Lethbridge, where Golden Acres Lodge is now situated. On retirin g he sold his farm at Milk River, rented the home place to his brothe r Jack, and moved to Victoria.
Rube was married to Anna Marie Beninger on December 2, 1909, who die d March 8, 1925. Rube remarried in October 3, 1934 to Marie Walsh. Tw o sons were born to them. The family lived in the following centres; N elsen, Medicine Hat, and Cranbrook.
Melvin Earl Tiffin, graduated from elementary White School and the Let hbridge High School. He entered Normal School to obtain his teaching c ertificate. He taught school in the Coalhurst District for approximate ly two years, before he enrolled at the University of Alberta, where h e studied Medical Arts for two years. At that time Canada was involve d in the Great War 1914, and Melvin joined the forces. He was groupe d with the Ambulance Corp and was in action at the great battle of Vim y Ridge in France. Later he was released to complete his medical educa tion and graduated from the University of Toronto in 1920. He marrie d Majorie Forester, a graduate nurse of Toronto Hospital.
They returned to Alberta and B.C. and practised the Medical Arts at th e following centres; Kimberly, Nanton, Rocky Ford and Edson. In late r years they moved to Vancouver and there he continued his medical pra ctice until his death in 1958. Three children were born, two sons an d a daughter.
Jack Tiffin: usually known by his friends and neighbors as Jack. In 19 13 on February 5th, he married Alberta Mary Wight, known as Allie who m he met at the home place while she was teaching. Allie graduated a s a teacher from Bowmanville, Ontario and applied for a position wit h the White School district in Alberta. She often made the remark, an d I quote; "My name was Alberta Wight and I chose to teach in the Whit e School in Alberta". The school teachers usually boarded at the Tiffi n's Farm. At the time there were a number of young men living at the h ousehold, so on her arrival they drew lots to see who would meet the n ew school teacher at the station, and the lot fell on Jack. Jack's sis ter Allie Tiffin sent along her fur coat to wear during their trip bac k home, so she felt well taken care of (on) her arrival here.
She often spoke of having a small class to begin with but with the tea ching of sewing her class increased to nearly thirty pupils. She taugh t school from January 1911, till June 1912, then returned home to mak e arrangements for their wedding on February 5, 1913 There were five c hildren, three daughters and two sons. Margaret Grace, born April 26 , 1920, died in infancy March 11, 1921.
They continued farming on the home place for four years. Then in 1918 , Jack with his family along with Grandpa Tiffin rented out their far m and moved to Vancouver for a year. After their return from Vancouve r, Jack has continued farming on the home place to this day.
In 1919, a dairy herd was purchased and gradually over the years. A fo undation for a diary barn was constructed in 1916 by Tom Stubbs. Build ing Contractor and completed in 1921.
Silage was important in the cows diet, so, in 1926, a silo was erected . Each summer an extra crew was hired to put up the silage, to mow an d stack alfalfa, and harvest the grain.
The area just south and west of the house was open prairie, and the ca ttle were turned out to graze on the prairie grass in the summer. Even tually this half section was purchased in 1924 and fenced. The South W est quarter of it continued to be used as pasture until 1936, when i t was broken up and put into production. A Massey Harris tractor wit h a two bottom plow was purchased, and the North West quarter was brok en and later planted. The original horse barn was torn down and replac ed by a new building with a hay mow. Also a calf and hog barn was buil t and was used for a number of years.
Eventually the machine age gradually took over the horse's place on th e farm. With the growth, and the increase in the dairy herd the old ho rse barn was gradually reconstructed into the present calf barn wit h a section reserved for the maternity cases. One wing was added for g rain storage.
The old roothouse served its purpose for many years, storing a suppl y of potatoes and vegetables to feed the family and the farm crew. Eve ntually the root house was torn down and reconstructed into a garage a nd machine shop.
Around 1924, a Hinman milking Machine was installed. With this machin e they ran into considerable difficulty and later returned to hand-mil king. With the advent of World War II farm labor became very short an d in order to continue dairying, it was necessary to make changes. Th e De Laval Machine was purchased and installed and proved satisfactory . The milk was transferred to eight gallon cans and stored in a tan k of water over night. Eventually a cooling device was installed in th e watertank to help to keep the milk cool.
They wanted to increase their dairy herd, but the present facilities w ere inadequate, as it was geared for fifty milking cows. They change d over to the Loose Housing System. This system included; a loafing p arlor, a waiting room, the milking parlor, then the dining room. Wit h this change over they were able to increase their herd to around 100 -110 cows. Next came the installation of the Bulk Refrigerated Tank w ith the milk picked up by truck every other morning.
Growing peas for the Magrath Canning Company for several years and gro wing sugar beets for the Sugar Factory, helped to develop the dairy in dustry. The pattern of unmarried hired men with the bunkhouse and boar ding facilities soon changed. Houses were needed for married couples o n the farm. At present there is accommodation for six families.
There is a saying; "that all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" . Recreation and divergence from routine duties had a place in the mid st of their daily duties. Visiting neighbors, attending church and eve ning house parties were the main channels of entertainments. Plays, po etry, games and musical evenings had their place. We have a few pictur es of the cast of the play that was presented a short time after the f amilies arrivals. Jack was one of the main characters. With the buildi ng of the school more public gatherings were held thus the settlers i n the district became more acquainted. When the first Marconi Radio ca me into Lethbridge, some one brought a set to the school the evening o f a card party. During the evening they would take turns putting on th e ear phones to listen to a program being broadcast. There were onl y a few that had a chance to listen. Eventually the White School becam e too small for the number of pupils attending, so they moved the buil ding a half mile east and added a second room. Here dances were held i n the new additional room and card parties in the old part of the scho ol. Children too young to enjoy the dances were bedded down on the de sks while the others danced into the wee small hours of the morning . I recall our family were always on their way home immediately afte r midnight lunch. Morning work started early on the farm.
In order to keep abreast with the developments in the farming field an d also assist in the development of the district, Jack filled a numbe r of executive positions. As his father had done before him, Jack serv ed on the local board for many years. (Grandpa Tiffin served on the fi rst board of White School along with A.E. Keffer & Rev. White.) He be came Chairman of the Divisional Board in 1937 when the Lethbridge Scho ol Division #7 was established. Mr. Owen Williams was Superintenden t of the division, Mr. G.C. Patterson was Secretary-Treasurer. A trust ee on the board stood for three years. In order to arrange that all me mber's term of office did not expire at one time, they drew their numb er out of the hat. Jack drew his for one year duration. He was voted C hairman of the Board for that first year. He allowed his name to stan d for the second term, and continued as Chairman of the Board. Afte r completing his term of office, he did not let his name stand again d ue to the increase in farm responsibilities.
Jack held a position of Chairman of the Lethbridge Milk Producers Boar d at periodic intervals. He was always interested in the association , as they tried to interpret their position with the creameries and t o keep abreast of the developing industry. During his period, Bill Dar by and Jack worked on a "Quota System", the pattern of which was late r taken over by the Board of Public Utilities under the Provincial Gov ernment. This system is still in existence today.
The Lethbridge Producer Association appointed Jack to be on the Milk F oundation supplying literature pamphlets on milk and its products, mak ing them available to the school districts from which their supply o f milk comes. In 1965, Jack along with Lance Snowden was presented wi th a leather plaque for the distinguished service with the Organizatio n of the Milk Producers. At a Milk Foundation meeting in the same year , Jack was presented with a plate, an Emblem of Alberta for his servic e as Director on the Board.
During January 1966, The Union Milk Company held a banquet to which th eir Milk Producers were invited. Dinner was served, and a film shown . Then in honor of being the longest milk shipper to the dairy, Jack T iffin was presented with Herald McCraken's book "The Charles M. Russel l Book". This recognized his faithful service of over fifty years.
The Southern Alberta Co-op. Association was first known as "Farm Produ cts Assoc.", which was managed by W. A. Hamilton and Leonard McKenzie . They were interested in the marketing of farm products, such as hay , grain, and potatoes. Wilbur McKenzie expanded the products to hogs a nd cattle. He was one of the men who worked with the group to instigat e Red Label Beef. After it became the Southern Alberta Co-operative As sociation, Jack was a member of the board for a number of years.
Jack recalls an amusing incident following one of their meetings. On e of the members gathered the eggs before coming to the meeting and ha d put a few in his pocket and forgot them. Engaged in conversation af ter the meeting he leaned against the counter which produced a crunchi ng sound.
A look of horror came over his face, then a stream of profound exclama tions came forth.
Around Farmers Day each year in June, a picnic was held presenting dis plays, speeches, races and refreshments. Each visitor was presented w ith several free tickets to obtain what ever they desired at the refre shment booth. This picnic was always a high light of each year.
Jack became a member of the Lethbridge Rotary Club in 1929, and was a n active member until 1964. Then he took out his inactive membership . He was always very keen on any of the programs they sponsored. He al so served on the Urban Committee of the executive.
Some of the activities were as follows:
1.Rotary Minstrel Show
2.Rotary Hobby Fair
3.Rotary Baseball Tournaments
4.Manning the gate at the Lethbridge Exhibition.
5.The Mardi Grass.
Other committees and organizations he took part in were:
1. Chairman of the South Lethbridge Mutual Telephone
2. Active member of the U.F.A. from the beginning.
3. He collected for each Victory loan drive during World War II
4. Chairman of the Southern Alberta Irrigation Co.
In 1935, Knox and Wesley churches united to establish Southminster Uni ted Church. Jack continued as a session member. At the 1966 Annual Mee ting he became an honourary member of session for the service he had r endered.
Allie Tiffin also took an active interest in the community services . She was a member of the Women's Association for the church and memb er of the Women's Institute and U.F.W.A. when they existed.
Allie assisted with quilting bees, school concerts and group teas tha t were held. She did a lot of sewing for families in need as well as h er own. She tried to assist the members of our family to become indepe ndent which proved successful, in fact we were able to carry on afte r her death, on Feb. 1, 1933.

LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N55.1713
LONG W118.8081
LATI N50.0406
LONG W110.6764
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N43.6668
LONG W81.4998
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337
LATI N49.6938
LONG W112.8337

bullet  Burial Notes:

Event Description: Mountain View Cemetery - Section B


bullet  Noted events in his life were:

1901 Census of Canada: Reuben, age 57, with wife Mary Jane, age 47, and children Alice, age 2 Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 1901. 752 4, William Albert, age 20, Reuben, age 17, John, age 14, and Melvin, a ge 7.
P. 5, Lines 35 - 41;
Reuben, age 57, with wife Mary Jane, age 47, and children Alice, age 2 4, William Albert, age 20, Reuben, age 17, John, age 14, and Melvin, a ge 7.
P. 5, Lines 35 - 41;
Reuben, age 57, with wife Mary Jane, age 47, and children Alice, age 2 4, William Albert, age 20, Reuben, age 17, John, age 14, and Melvin, a ge 7.

1861 Census of Canada: Reuben, age 17, with father Joseph, age 66, mother Elizabeth, age 62 Colborne, Huron, Ontario, Canada, 1861. 94 , and sister Ann Elizabeth, age 21.

1871 Census of Canada: Reuben, age 27, with father Joseph, age 76, and mother Elizabeth, ag Colborne, Huron, Ontario, Canada, 1871. 310 e 73.

Grave Marker: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, May 1930. 33

Alt. Death: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 16 May 1930. 33

1891 Census of Canada: 16 Apr 1891 in Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada Kinloss, Bruce, Ontario, Canada, 16 Apr 1891. 151

Religion: Methodist Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 16 Apr 1891. 151

1906 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): Reuben, age 64, with wife Jane, age 54, and children Allie, age 27, Wi Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 9 Jul 1906. 20 lliam, age 26, Ruben, age 22, John, age 19, and Melvin, age 12, with b oarder Florence Robinson, age 22.

Residence: Sec. 11, Twp. 8, Rge. 21, W4 Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 9 Jul 1906. 20

Land: filed a Homestead Application for SW Sec. 9, Twp.70, Rge. 11, W6 Elmworth, Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada, 24 Apr 1925. 753

Occupation: Yeoman Colborne, Huron, Ontario, Canada, 23 Mar 1875. 473

1881 Census of Canada: Reuben, age 37, with wife Margaret, age 28, and children Allice, age 4 Colborne, Huron, Ontario, Canada, 1881. 206 , and William, age 10 months, with mother-in-law Jane, age 67.

1911 Census of Canada: Reuben, age 87, with son Joseph, age 23. Medicine Hat, Cypress, Alberta, Canada, 15 Jun 1911. 56

1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): Reuben, age 72, with son Joseph John, age 30, daughter-in-law Albert Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 1916. 87 a Mary, age 32, and grand-children Beryl, age 2, and Ronald, age 8 mon ths.

1921 Census of Canada: Reuben, age 77, with son Joseph John, age 33, daughter-in-law Albert Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 1921. 21 a Mary, age 35, and grand-children Elenor B., age 6, Ronald W., age 5 , Stanley B., age 3, and Hellen A., age 2.

Residence: Colborne, Huron, Ontario, Canada, 23 Mar 1875. 473

Religion: Methodist Huron, Ontario, Canada, 23 Mar 1875. 473

Resides: Resides.

Residence: Sec. 14, Twp. 8, Rge. 21, W4 Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, 1921. 21


Reuben married Margaret Jane Taylor, daughter of John Taylor and Jane, on 23 Mar 1875 in Huron, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 64.,473 (Margaret Jane Taylor was born on 30 Apr 1853 in Vaughan, York, Ontario, Canada,64,473 died on 17 Jul 1907 in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada 4,33,64,754 and was buried in 1907 in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada 4.)

Home | Table of Contents | Surnames | Name List

This Web Site was Created 24 Apr 2019 with Legacy 8.0 from Millennia