Leslie Gerald Johnson 19,36
- Born: 26 Oct 1916, Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada 36
- Marriage: Bessie Evelyn Coey in 1953 in Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Died: 21 Jun 1986, Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada at age 69
- Buried: 25 Jun 1986, Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
Buried at Memorial Gardens Cemetery, Gesthemane Section (69-B-1) in Sw ift Current, Sask.
Noted events in his life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada: Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, a, 1921. 23 ge 41, and siblings June Evelyn, age 3, and Annie Laura, age 1 1/2.
Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
Bone Creek Municipality; Sec. 1, Twp. 10, Rge 17, W3; p. 5, lines 18-2 2, household 65;
Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, a ge 41, and siblings June Evelyn, age 3, and Annie Laura, age 1 1/2.
• Emmigrated: from Canada through USA, 18 Jul 1922. 36,37 Sweden
With father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings June. and Anne.
• Immigrated: from Sweden, 31 Jul 1923. 38 Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada
Arrived in Quebec aboard the Empress of Scotland sailing from Malino ( sailing date 25 July 1923)
with father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings June and Anne.
• Residence. 36 Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada
on SE 1/4 1-10-17 until moving to Scotsguard in 1952
• School. 36 Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Family History: Next Year Country, 1980. 36 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
I was born to Lars and Anna Johnson, on the S. E. 1-10-17 in 191 6. I attended school at Austinville. When I started school, I couldn' t speak a word of English, just Swedish, so found it very difficult. A bout the time I had to quit school and go help with the farm, I was ju st beginning to grasp the whole bit. Except for a short while with m y parents in Sweden, I lived and farmed in the Austinville district, m oving to Scotsguard in 1952. By this time, I had twin daughters of m y own and they were ready to start school. I purchased the Alf Marti n house, situated down by the skating rink in Scotsguard, and we move d in. I continued to the farm from town, and I had cattle and the work s. Christel and Colette, my daughters, took their education in Scotsgu ard until it closed its doors in 1968. They finished their education i n Shaunavon, going by bus everyday.
Our house was so cold that in 1972 when I had the opportunity to buy t he former telephone office building, I moved there, and that's wher e I still reside. Farming got a little much for me, and I found my mac hinery wearing out, so I rented my land out in 1979 and I am semi-reti red, me and my dog, Poncho.
The girls are on their own. Christel is married and living in Edmonton . Her husband is manager of a furniture business there and they hav e a little daughter, Tammy. Colette is living in Saskatoon, presentl y working as a receptionist in the Cancer Clinic.
• Cemetery: Memory Gardens, 1986. 19 Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
IN LOVING MEMORY
LESLIE G. JOHNSON
1916 - 1986
• Canadian Voter List, 1965. 20 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Biography, 1980. 36 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Obituary, 3 Jul 1986. Shaunavon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Leslie Johnson dies
Mr. Leslie Johnson, aged 69 years, of Scotsguard, died suddenly at hi s home in Scotsguard on Saturday, June 21, 1986.
Mr. Johnson was born in the Scotsguard district on October 26, 1916. H e attended school at the Austinville School in the Scotsguard district . Mr. Johnson lived and farmed in the Scot-sguard area all of his life .
Leslie Johnson was pre-deceased by his parents and one sister, June Mc Burney.
He is survived by two daughters, Colette Johnson, of Saskatoon, and Ch ristel Johnson, of Edmonton, two granddaughters, one sister, Mrs. An n Crawford, of Saskatoon, as well as by one niece and one nephew.
Funeral services were held at Centre Street United Church in Shaunavo n on Wednesday, June 25, 1986 at 1:00 p.m. with Rev. Stewart Robertso n of-ficiating: Interment took place at Memory Gardens Cemetery in Swi ft Current. Binkley's Funeral Service was in charge of the arrangement s.
Pallbearers were Ernie Deeg, Allen Deeg, Odell Johnson, Lawrence McMil lan, Read Laird and Dwayne Korsberg.
• Residence: the Telephone Building. 19 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
Les moved into the former Telephone Building in Scotsguard and lived t here till he died in 1986.
• Canadian Voter List, 1953. 20 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Canadian Voter List, 1957. 20 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Canadian Voter List, 1963. 20 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Canadian Voter List, 1945. 20 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
Leslie married Bessie Evelyn Coey, daughter of Samuel Coey and Eva Lillian Jenkins, in 1953 in Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada. (Bessie Evelyn Coey was born on 29 Jan 1917 in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada,62,827 died on 21 Dec 2003 in Shaunavon, Saskatchewan, Canada and was buried in Dec 2003 in Shaunavon, Saskatchewan, Canada 62.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Divorced, 1973. Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
Started a Commom-law relationship