Anne Laura Johnson 33
- Born: 5 Dec 1919, Scotsguard, , Saskatchewan, Canada
- Marriage: Theodore Edward Crawford
- Died: 3 Jun 2012, Saskatoon, , Saskatchewan, Canada at age 92 996
The following is from Anne's Daughter Violet Brandt.
One thing I can tell you about your Aunt Anne is that she was a phenomenal Baseball player. I watched her as a child when we would get together with other's (my god-parents) in Hanley, Sask in the early '70's for fun to play ball. I got to participate to run the bases for My Mom since her knees wouldn't allow her to run anymore at the age of 50+; Brother Dave was already a baseball player in his own right so Mom didn't think it would be fair to take him out of the game for her runner. When she took the bat, there were pitchers that actually played on the Saskatoon Merchants at the time, and they took the mound just to pitch to her. All Mom ever said to me is "are you ready to run". Absolute truth is that I never had too. Anne knocked the ball so far at any given time that as fat little me, I could take a nature walk as long as I touched each base on my way by.
Mom always followed baseball on TV and if the Blue Jays made an error, well we heard about it. My mommy knew baseball! Once again, I was privileged for being there at the time when I told Mom I have a movie that I think you'd like to see; "League of Their Own". Mom (Anne) told me one time only that she was scouted, drafted, and all she had to do was show up on the train in 1943. Well, Mom didn't show up at the train, and her talent for playing the game was soon forgotten. Mom further explained that she had obligations to fulfill on the farm, yada, yada. Years later I again was privileged enough to hear that this was the biggest regret of her life; not following her dreams. However, she had obligations to fulfill to her family which came first. 996
Anne developed Alzheimer's Disease in 2000. 996
Noted events in her life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921, Scotsguard, , Saskatchewan, Canada. 21 Bone Creek Municipality; Sec. 1, Twp. 10, Rge 17, W3; p. 5, lines 18-22, household 65;
Annie Laura, age 1 1/2, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, age 41, and siblings Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, and June Evelyn, age 3.
• Emmigrated: from Canada through USA, 18 Jul 1922, , , , Sweden. 33 With father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and June.
• Immigrated: from Sweden, 31 Jul 1923, Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada. 34 Arrived in Quebec aboard the Empress of Scotland sailing from Malino (sailing date 25 July 1923)
with father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and June.
• Occupation, 1980, Saskatoon, , Saskatchewan, Canada. 33 as Head Houskeeper in University Hospital. She had been there since 1965.
• Residence: in a nursing home, Nov 2006, Saskatoon, , Saskatchewan, Canada.
Anne married Theodore Edward Crawford, son of Albert Henry Crawford and Allice Louise Cassils. (Theodore Edward Crawford was born about 21 Apr 1911 in , , Saskatchewan, Canada and died on 25 May 1972 in Saskatoon, , Saskatchewan, Canada 33.)