Anne Laura Johnson 42
- Born: 5 Dec 1919, Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Marriage: Theodore Edward Crawford
- Died: 3 Jun 2012, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada at age 92 880
The following is from Anne's Daughter Violet Brandt.
One thing I can tell you about your Aunt Anne is that she wa s a phenomenal Baseball player. I watched her as a child when we woul d get together with other's (my god-parents) in Hanley, Sask in the ea rly '70's for fun to play ball. I got to participate to run the base s for My Mom since her knees wouldn't allow her to run anymore at th e age of 50+; Brother Dave was already a baseball player in his own ri ght so Mom didn't think it would be fair to take him out of the game f or her runner. When she took the bat, there were pitchers that actuall y played on the Saskatoon Merchants at the time, and they took the mou nd just to pitch to her. All Mom ever said to me is "are you ready t o run". Absolute truth is that I never had too. Anne knocked the bal l so far at any given time that as fat little me, I could take a natur e walk as long as I touched each base on my way by.
Mom always followed baseball on TV and if the Blue Jays made an error , well we heard about it. My mommy knew baseball! Once again, I was pr ivileged for being there at the time when I told Mom I have a movie th at I think you'd like to see; "League of Their Own". Mom (Anne) told m e one time only that she was scouted, drafted, and all she had to do w as show up on the train in 1943. Well, Mom didn't show up at the train , and her talent for playing the game was soon forgotten. Mom furthe r explained that she had obligations to fulfill on the farm, yada, yad a. Years later I again was privileged enough to hear that this was th e biggest regret of her life; not following her dreams. However, she h ad obligations to fulfill to her family which came first.
Anne developed Alzheimer's Disease in 2000.
Noted events in her life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada: Annie Laura, age 1 1/2, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, ag, 1921. 27 e 41, and siblings Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, and June Evelyn, age 3.
Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
Bone Creek Municipality; Sec. 1, Twp. 10, Rge 17, W3; p. 5, lines 18-2 2, household 65;
Annie Laura, age 1 1/2, with father Lars T., age 41, mother Annie, ag e 41, and siblings Leslie Gerald, age 4 1/2, and June Evelyn, age 3.
• Emmigrated: from Canada through USA, 18 Jul 1922. 42,43 Sweden
With father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and June.
• Immigrated: from Sweden, 31 Jul 1923. 44 Austinville District, Saskatchewan, Canada
Arrived in Quebec aboard the Empress of Scotland sailing from Malino ( sailing date 25 July 1923)
with father Lars, mother Anna, & siblings Leslie and June.
• Occupation, 1980. 42 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
as Head Houskeeper in University Hospital. She had been there since 1 965.
• Residence: in a nursing home, Nov 2006. Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Canadian Voter List, 1945. 23 Scotsguard, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Canadian Voter List: 702 - 10th St, 1965. 23 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Anne married Theodore Edward Crawford, son of Albert Henry Crawford and Allice Louise Cassils. (Theodore Edward Crawford was born about 21 Apr 1911 in Saskatchewan, Canada,881 died on 25 May 1972 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 4,42 and was buried in May 1972 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 4.)