William Thomas Montgomery 85
- Born: 9 Apr 1870, , Huron, Bruce, Ontario, Canada 85,1053
- Marriage: Ida A. Richards on 18 Sep 1891 in Indian River, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States 85,1052
- Died: 1929, Cheboygan, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States at age 59 85
- Buried: Indian River, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States 85
Cause of his death was died of heat stroke while working in the fields.85
Oakhill Cem., Indian River, Tuscarora Twp. Cheboygon Co, Michigan
Naturalized , per 1900 census; Papers indicate native of Canada res. Wal ker Twp. Came to US and age 8, now 36 years old; witnessed by George Montg omery of Walker Twp and M. E. Roaney of Ellis Twp. Dated 28 Mar 1906.
Source 1920, Cheboygan Co, Michigan Fed. Cen. Sups dist 101; Enum dist. 12 8, enumerated 27 Jan 1920; 149/150
Montgomery, William44to US 1880Nat. 1906CanadaCanadaCanada , Ida45MINYNY , George son24MICANMI , Leotadau16MICANMI , Veletadau13MICANMI , Leviniadau11MICANMI
>> NOTE: this Birthplace for Ida is different from previous sources; che ck death records??
1930 Michigan, Cheboygan, Otsego Co, Vanderbilt 9/9Montgomery, Ida, 55, widow, New York, New York, New York Woock, George, Son-in-law, 24, m @ 21, Michigan, Can English, Michigan, la bor, chair factory , Lavinia, dau, 21, m @ 17, Michigan, Can Eng, New York , Robert, grandson, 2 8/12, Michigan, Michigan, Michigan Montgomery, Veleta, dau, 23, single, Michigan, Can Eng., New York, chair f actory Jewell, Warren, boarder, 26, Michigan, Can Eng., Michigan, labor on road 85
Noted events in his life were:
• Emmigrated, 1881, , , , United States. 85 Immigration to US
• 1900 Census of Michigan, USA, 8 Jun 1900, , Ellis, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States. 1053 William, age 30, with wife Ida, age 25, and son George, age 8.
• Naturalization, 28 Mar 1906, , Cheboygan, Michigan, United States. 85
• Cemetery: Oakhill Cemetery, 1929, Indian River, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States. 85
William married Ida A. Richards, daughter of P. Richards and Sophia Passino, on 18 Sep 1891 in Indian River, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States 85.,1052 (Ida A. Richards was born in Sep 1874 in , , New York, United States 85,1053 and died in 1961 in Cheboygan, Cheboygan, Michigan, United States 85.)
They were married by Emerson V. Hall, Justice of the Peace
Witnesses were Mrs B. A. Townley and Mrs. E. V. Hall, both of Indian River. 1052