Ralph Scott Thistlethwaite 2,51
- Born: 21 Jan 1915, Stewart Valley, Saskatchewan, Canada 2,25,51
- Marriage: Patricia Cavell McBurney
- Died: 6 Mar 2010, Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada at age 95 29
- Buried: Abt 30 Mar 2010, Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada 25,29
Event Description: Mount Pleasant Burial Park - Blk 274
Noted events in his life were:
• Grave Marker: Mount Pleasant Burial Park - Blk 274, 2010. 25 Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): Ralph, age 1, with father Andrew, age 39, mother Emma, age 37, and sib, 1916. 77 lings Ashworth, age 8, Anje, age 5, and Lloyd, age 4.
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Religion: Evangelical, 1916. 77 Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Canadian Voter List, 1949. 20 Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada
• Occupation: School teacher, 1949. 20 Vanderhoof, British Columbia, Canada
• Obituary, 2010. 28 Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
Thistlethwaite. Ralph Scott, age 95, of Swift Current died Saturday, M arch 6, 2010 at the Cypress Regional Hospital. Ralph was predeceased b y his parents Andrew & Emma Thistlethwaite; his loving wife of 52 year s Donnie and their infant son Michael; his brother Ashworth Thistlethw aite & his sister Anje Anderson. Ralph and Donnie farmed on the homest ead in the Stewart Valley area for 10 years after which they moved t o Swift Current. Ralph continued to farm from the city, where he worke d at Gallant Motors. He was an Elder at the United Church for many yea rs and then became active at Trailview Alliance Church until his death . He served on the Swift Current Housing Authority for several years . Ralph was a Charter Member of the Prairie Pioneer Kiwanis club wher e he served a term as President as well as other executive offices. H e recently received his 30 year tribute. He was a staunch supporter o f the Co-op movement and the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool, the CCF and th e NDP all his life. Ralph's generosity and compassion was exceptional . He had a knack for bringing out the best in everyone he dealt with a nd was held in high esteem by friends and family. Ralph was proud of h is family. He loved to laugh and he loved a good joke with them. He lo ved to recall events from the past and tell the old stories in exactin g detail. Ralph is survived by his wife Pat of 15 years; daughters Jud y (Essam) Diebes of Los Angeles; Janice (Ken) Roberts of Calgary; gran dchildren Michael and Sreyhem Roberts (Cambodia); Leanne Roberts (Saud i Arabia), Joe Diebes (New York), Daniel Diebes, (Marina Del Rey); gre at grandchildren Andrew, Aaron and Alina Roberts (Cambodia); stepchild ren, Ken and Dianne Hymers (Swift Current), Eldon and Terry Hymers (Mo ose Jaw), Donna and Keith Lange (Lloydminster) and Judy and Peter Newm an (Sherwood Park); 11 step grandchildren, 14 step great-grandchildren ; and many nieces and nephews. A family graveside service was held th e morning of Thursday, March 11 at Mount Pleasant Burial Park. The Cel ebration of Life Service, with Pastor John Regier officiating, will b e held on Tuesday, March 30th at 2:00 P.M., Trailview Alliance Church.
Ralph married Patricia Cavell McBurney, daughter of John Albert McBurney and Annie Christina Manning.