Edmund Manning 805
- Born: Cir 1808, , , , England 805,1092
- Marriage: Elizabeth Nott
- Died: 18 Mar 1879, , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada about age 71 1093
- Buried: , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada 1094
Cause of his death was Diarrhea - 11 days.1093
Noted events in his life were:
• 1841 Census of England, 1841, Devon, Chittlehampton, England. 1095 Devon, Chittlehampton, p. 6, lines 1-6;
Edmund, age 30, with wife Elizabeth, age 30, and children Thomas, age 7, Edmund, age 5, William, age 3, and Ann, age 5 months.
• 1851 Census of Canada, 1851, , Chinguacousy, Peel, Ontario, Canada. 804 Ontario, Peel, Chinquacousy, p. 21, Lines 16 - 21;
Edmund, age 45, with wife Elizabeth, age 42, and children Thomas, age 18, Edmund, age 15, William, age 14, Ann, age 11, Sarah, age 8, John, age 5, and Charles, age 2. They were living in a 1 1/2 storey Log House.
• 1861 Census of Canada, 1861, , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 805 Ontario, Huron Co., Hullett Twp., p.45, lines 23-32;
Edmund, age 53, with wife Elizabeth, age 51, and children Thomas, age 28, Edmund, age 25, William, age 22, Sarah, age 18, John, age 15, Charles, age 12, Elizabeth, age 8, and Susan, age 6.
• 1871 Census of Canada, 1871, , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 806 Ontario, Huron Co., Hullett Twp.,p. 16, lines 2-6, household 58;
Edmund, age 64, with wife Elizabeth, age 60, and children John, age 24, Charles, age 21, and Elizabeth, age 18.
• Will, 12 Oct 1877, , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 1096 Transcribed verbatim by Derek Manning;
"I Edmund Manning of the Township of Hullett in the County of Huron and Province of Ontario yeoman hereby declare this to be my last will and testament I give and bequeath to my wife Elizabeth Manning three feather beds and bedding all the furniture in and belonging to the front or main part of my dwelling house and all my ready money notes of hand and mortgages or other securities for money after payment thereout of all my just debts and funeral and testamentary expenses. I devise and bequeath all my real estate and all the residue of my personal estate unto my son John Manning his heirs executors and administrators forever subject to payment thereout of the following annuity and legacies. That is to say to pay to my wife the sum of two hundred dollars a year and allow her the uninterrupted use of the front or main part of my dwelling house, the south part of the cellar and the north half of the garden during her life and at her death to pay to my son William Manning the sum of four hundred dollars. To my three daughters being Ann Ubeymouth, Sarah Coventry, and Elizabeth Manning the sum of two hundred dollars each, and to my other three sons being Thomas Manning, Edmund Manning and Charles Manning the sum of one dollar each. But if any of my said last named seven children should die leaving issue before the death of my said wife that my said son John Manning shall pay the legacy or legacies of such deceased child or children to, his her or their children respectively. But dying without leaving issue to the survivors of them in equal shares.
And I appoint James McCool and Henry A. Baker both of the said Township of Hullett Yeomen executors of this my will
In witness whereof I Edmund Manning the testator have to this my will set my hand and seal this twelfth day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand and eight hundred and seventy-seven.
• Cemetery: Ebenezer Bible Christian Cemetery, Hullett Twp. (Concession 10, Lot 33), Huron Co., Central Huron Mun, 1879, , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada. 1094
Edmund married Elizabeth Nott. (Elizabeth Nott was born in 1811 in , , , England,805,1092 died on 24 Feb 1901 in Londesborough, Huron, Ontario, Canada 2,1097 and was buried in , Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada 1094.). The cause of her death was Old age.1093