Emily Margaret Noble 75
- Born: 28 Nov 1890, Uxbridge, Warren, Sudbury, Ontario, Canada 842,844,845,846
- Marriage: Charles Elmer Manning on 26 Jul 1909 in Zealandia, Saskatchewan, Canada 839
- Died: 22 Sep 1978, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada at age 87 845,847
- Buried: 25 Sep 1978, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 845
Address: Woodlawn Cemetery
1502 2nd Ave N
Saskatoon, SK S7K 2G1
Noted events in her life were:
• 1891 Census of Canada, 6 Apr 1891. 994 Scott, Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Ontario Dist., Scott Twp., p. 26, lines 15-17, household 132;
Emily, age 5 months, with father John, age 24, and mother (Mary) James , age 23.
• Residence, 1899. 845 Killarney, Manitoba, Canada
• 1901 Census of Canada, 8 Apr 1901. 846 Lisgar, Louise, Manitoba, Canada
Manitoba, Lisgar Dist, Turtle Mountain Sub-dist., p. 3, lines 11-18, h ousehold 27;
Emily M., age 10, with father John H., age 34, mother Mary, age 33, an d siblings Janet M., age 8, James H., age 6, Colin A., age 4, John W. , age 2, and Mary E., age 11 months.
• 1906 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), 29 Jun 1906. 995 Killarney, Manitoba, Canada
Manitoba, Souris Dist., Killarney, p. 7, lines 9-19, household 58;
Emily M., age 15, with father John H., age 39, mother Mary, age 38, an d siblings Jennet M., age 13, James H., age 11, Colin A., age 9, Joh n W., age 8, Mary E., age 6, Mildred M., age 4, Alvera A., age 2, an d Elsie A., age 1.
• 1911 Census of Canada: NE Sec. 20, Twp. 32, Rge. 18, W3, 1911. 842 Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatchewan, Battleford Dist., p. 19, lines 3-5, household 28;
Emily, age 20, with husband Charles, age 26, and son Lenord H.,age 1.
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta), 1916. 75 Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada
P. 13, Lines 37-42, Household 120, Twp. 32, Rge. 18, W 3, Mountainvie w Municipality;
Age 26 with husband Charles (age 31) and children Lenard (age 6), Clif ford (age 4), Emily (age 2), and Bertha (age 1).
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921. 843 Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Canada
Kindersley, Saskatchewan, Sec. 20, Twp. 32, Rge. 18, W3, p. 6, lines 3 5-43, household 71;
Emily, age 30, with husband Charles, age 36, and children Leonard, ag e 11, Clifford, age 9, Emily, age 7, Bertha, age 6, Mary, age 4, Austi n, age 3, and Leona, age 1.
• Membership: Stranraer United Church Women, After 1957. 845 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Obituary, 1978. 845 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
The Obituary was transcribed by Derek Manning as it was written . (no corrections were made to the origional text;
"MANNING - The death of Mrs. Emily Margaret Manning age 87 years of 70 6 Ave. K South, Saskatoon occurred in a Victoria, B.C. hospital on Fri day, September 22nd, 1978. The funeral service will be hel d on Monday, September 25th at 2 p.m. from Westwood Funera l Chapel conducted by Rev. W. McPherson. Surviving are: seven daught ers, Mrs. George (Emily) Waldron, Vancouver, Mrs. Bertha McCallum, Cal gary, Mrs. Wallace (Mary) McPherson, McCreary, Manitoba, Mrs. Al (Pear l) Westaff, Ottawa, Mrs. Walker (Laurena) Smith, Edmonton, Mrs. Graha m (Daisy) Douglas, Ottawa and Mrs. Roy (Elva) Martin, Beausejour, Mani toba; three sons, Clifford, Livelong, Sask., Norman, Victoria, B.C., D onald of Ottawa. Twenty-five grandchildren and twenty great grandchil dren; two sisters, Mrs. Mary Storch, Morin, Alberta, and Mrs. Ross (Je ssie) Sutherland, St. Walberg, Sask.; two brothers, James Noble of Va ncouver and Don Noble of Saskatoon. She was predeceased by her husban d, Charles in 1957, three sons, Lenard in 1952, John in 1965 and Austi n in 1921 and by a grandson, Colin in 1974. The late Mrs. Manning wa s born at Uxbridge, Ontario and came to Kilarney, Manitoba in 1899. S he came to Stranraer, Sask. In 1906 where she and her husband homestea ded and farmed until 1957. Mrs. Manning had lived in Saskatoon sinc e 1957. She was an active member of the Stranraer United Church Wome n and of St. Thomas Wesley United Church Women after moving to Saskato on. Memorial Donations to the charity of your choice would be appreci ated by the Family. Internment will take place in Woodlawn Cemetery . Arrangements are in care of Westwood Funeral Chapel."
• Cemetery: Woodlawn Cemetery, 1502 2nd Ave N, 25 Sep 1978. 845 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
The funeral service was held on Monday, September 25th a t 2 p.m. from Westwood Funeral Chapel conducted by Rev. W. McPherson.
• Residence, 1906. 845 Stranraer, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Residence, 1957. 845 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Membership: St. Thomas Wesley United Church Women, After 1957. 845 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Residence: 706 Ave. K South, Sep 1978. 845 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Emily married Charles Elmer Manning, son of Charles Manning and Sarah Ann Cottle, on 26 Jul 1909 in Zealandia, Saskatchewan, Canada.839 (Charles Elmer Manning was born on 6 Nov 1884 in Cartwright, Souris, Manitoba, Canada,58 died on 5 Sep 1957 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 840,841 and was buried on 7 Sep 1957 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada 840.)