Jean O. Williams 24,36,84
- Born: 13 Jan 1913, Souris, Manitoba, Canada 36,84
- Marriage: Wallace C. Guy in 1944 36
- Died: 27 Mar 1995, Souris, Manitoba, Canada at age 82 22,36
- Buried: 1995, Souris, Manitoba, Canada 22
Noted events in her life were:
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): Twp. 7, Rge. 22, W1, 1916. 84 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
P. 11, Lines 48 - 50, P. 12, Lines 1 - 5, Household 125;
Jean, age 3, with father Benjamin, age 30, mother Alice, age 27, and s iblings Charles, age 6, John, age 4, and Kenneth, age 1 with laboure r Henry Chic, age 21, and servant Grace Mores, age 14.
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921. 187 Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Brandon, Glenwood Municipality, Sec. 21, Twp. 7, Rge. 22, W1, p. 10, l ines 32-39, household 99;
Jean, age 8, with father Benjamin, age 35, mother Alice, age 32, sibli ngs Charles, age 11, John, age 10, Kenneth, age 6, Ruth, age 6 months , and servant Thomas Kirk, age 17.
• Cemetery: Souris & Glenwood Cemetery, 1995. 22 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
1913 ---------- 1995
• Family History, 2006. 36 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
GUY, WALLACE AND JEAN (nee WILLIAMS)
Jean Reid Williams was born January 13, 1913 to B.B. and Irene William s. She trained as a nurse at Souris Hospital. Jean married Wallace C . Guy, a professional photographer, in 1944. She Joined the Air Forc e as a Nursing Sister. Following WWII Jean retrained as a physiotherap ist at the Mayo Clinic and was employed for many years in that field.
Wally passed away in Portland, Oregon on October 27, 1983.
Jean returned to Souris in 1985 and remodeled the Edna Butler (Mrs. Ne d Butler) home. She remained active in her retirement playing cards a t the Drop In Centre and following hockey. Jean moved to the Crescen t Manor and spent many enjoyable years amongst her peers. She died i n her home. March 27, 1995.
Seeing the youth of our community utilizing the old arena and understa nding the need for the community to have a venue of merit, convinced J ean that the new Arena Complex was worthy of her financial support. Sh e would be proud of our Complex and how well we, as a community have o pened our doors to the world.
• Occupation: Nurse. 36 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
She trained as a nurse at Souris Hospital.
• Military: Air Force, 1944. 36 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
She Joined the Air Force as a Nursing Sister.
• Moved: from Mayo Clinic, 1985. 36 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
• Residence, Bef 1983. 36 Portland, Clackamas, Oregon, USA
• 1926 Census of Prairie Provinces, Canada: Jean O., age 12, with father Benjamin B., age 40, mother Irene, age 37, 1926. 24 , and siblings Charlie E., age 16, John O., age 14, Kenneth B., age 11 , Ruth I., age 5, and Ross J., age 3.
Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
• Occupation: Physiotherapist, After 1944. 36 Jean retrained as a physiotherapist at the Mayo Clinic and was employe d for many years in that field.
Jean married Wallace C. Guy in 1944.36 (Wallace C. Guy was born in 1911,22 died on 27 Oct 1983 in Portland, Clackamas, Oregon, USA 22,36 and was buried in 1983 in Souris, Manitoba, Canada 22.)