Claude Paul Henry Steffens 417,422
- Born: 3 May 1855, , , , Germany 422,1397
- Marriage: Sophia Richardson on 13 Oct 1883 in Bootle, , Lancashire, England 1396
- Died: 17 Aug 1910, Kamloops, , British Columbia, Canada at age 55 417,1397
- Buried: Mamette Lake, , British Columbia, Canada 1398
Cause of his death was Gallstones.1399
Other names for Claude were Claus Paul Hinrich Steffens 1396 and Claus Powell Henry Steffens.411
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, 5 May 1855, Axehoe, , , Denmark. 1400
• Alt. Birth, 5 May 1855, Itzemoe, Denmark. 1401
• Occupation: Mariner, 13 Oct 1883, Liverpool, , Lancashire, England. 1396
• Residence: 22 Boreland Street, Bootte, 13 Oct 1883, Liverpool, , Lancashire, England. 1396
• Immigrated, 1885, , , , Canada. 417
• 1891 Census of Canada, 1891, Lytton, , British Columbia, Canada. 1402 British Columbia, Yale Dist., N. Lytton Sub-dist., p.2, line 25, p.3, lines 1-6, household 12;
Henry, age 36, with wife Sophia, age 26, and children Sophia, age 4, Pauline, age 3, Mary, age 2, and Claude, age 9 months, with lodgers Mary A. McGilvery, age 19, and Archibald McGilvery, age 1.
• 1901 Census of Canada, 1901, Lytton, , British Columbia, Canada. 422 British Columbia, Yale West, Lytton, p. 7, lines 49-50, p.8, lines 1-7, household 84;
Henry, age 45, with wife Sophia, age 35, and children Sophia, age 14, Pauline, age 12, Mary, age 11, Fritz, age 7, James, age 6, Thomas W., age 4, and Carl, age 1.
• Residence: Steffens Brothers Ranch, 1904. 417
• Cemetery: Steffens Family Cemetery, 1910, Mamette Lake, , British Columbia, Canada. 1398
• Occupation: Farmer, 1910, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1397
• Obituary, Aug 1910, Kamloops, , British Columbia, Canada. 1399 C. P. H. STEFFENS DEAD
Mamette Lake Pioneer Passes away Wednesday Evening at Kamloops Hospital Funeral Sunday
The many friends of the family will learn with regret of the death of C. P. H . Steffens which took place suddenly o n Wednesday night at Kamploops hos pital to which place he -was removed a few days ago from his home at Mamette Lake.
Mr. Steffens had been ailing for some time but did not think there was anything of a serious nature the matter. Dr. Curtin was called early last week a nd found the patient to be suffering from a severe case of gall stones and advised his immediate removal to the hospital for an operation. By the time he arrived at Kamloops, however, his condition was so serious that the operation could not be performed and no hope for the saving of his life could be given.
Besides a devoted wife, deceased, who was in his 56th year, leaves eleven children to mourn his loss, as follows; Mrs . Fred Baker, Ashcroft: Mrs M: Baillie, Princeton road, George H., New Westminster; Sophia, Rupert, Fritz, James, Thomas, Carl, Frank and Dick at home.
C. P. H. Steffens was a native of Holstein, Germany, andcame to America when a boy.After remaining for some years in the United States and South America, he came to Canada, settling in Ashcroft 74 years ago. After a short time. he started a general store at Lytton, but of recent years has been engaged in farming. He took up the
present ranch at Mamette lake about seven years ago.
Miss Sophia Steffens left for Kamloops and will return tomorrow , accompanied by Mrs. Baker, with the remains. Internment will take place at thy ranch on Sunday.
• Religion: Lutheran, Aug 1910, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1397
• Alt. Death, 10 Aug 1910, Kamloops, , British Columbia, Canada. 418
• Family History, 2014. 1403
Claude married Sophia Richardson, daughter of George Richardson and Mary Ann Lancaster, on 13 Oct 1883 in Bootle, , Lancashire, England.1396 (Sophia Richardson was born on 4 Feb 1866 in Liverpool, , Lancashire, England 422,1404,1405, christened in Bootle, , Lancashire, England,1406 died on 25 Jun 1934 in Mamette Lake, , British Columbia, Canada 418,1405 and was buried in Mamette Lake, , British Columbia, Canada 418,1404.). The cause of her death was Myocarditis/Chronic Nephritis (5 years).1399
They were married in the Chapel of Mary in Boote Chapel in the Parish of Walton-on-the-Hill in the County of Lancaster. 1396