Pauline Steffens 423
- Born: 15 Jun 1888, Spatsum, British Columbia, Canada 418,423,1299,1301
- Marriage: Melville Charles Baillie on 20 Dec 1909 in Ashcroft, British Columbia, Canada 1299,1300
- Died: 27 Aug 1972, Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada at age 84 1299,1301
- Buried: 29 Aug 1972, Merritt, British Columbia, Canada 1301
Cause of her death was Cancer in Bladder/Uremia.
Address: Royal Inland Hospital
311 Columbia Street
Kamloops, BC V2C 2T1 Canada
Address: Pine Ridge Cemetery
Merritt, BC Canada
Noted events in her life were:
• 1891 Census of Canada, 1891. 1287 Lytton, British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Yale Dist., N. Lytton Sub-dist., p.2, line 25, p.3 , lines 1-6, household 12;
Pauline, age 3, with father Henry, age 36, mother Sophia, age 26, an d siblings Sophia, age 4, Mary, age 2, and Claude, age 9 months, wit h lodgers Mary A. McGilvery, age 19, and Archibald McGilvery, age 1.
• 1901 Census of Canada, 1901. 423 Lytton, British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Yale West, Lytton, p. 7, lines 49-50, p.8, lines 1-7 , household 84;
Pauline, age 12, with father Henry, age 45, mother Sophia, age 35, an d siblings Sophia, age 14, Mary, age 11, Fritz, age 7, James, age 6, T homas W., age 4, and Carl, age 1.
• Religion: Roman Catholic, 20 Dec 1909. 1300 Nicola, British Columbia, Canada
• Residence, 20 Dec 1909. 1300 Nicola, British Columbia, Canada
• 1911 Census of Canada, Jan 1911. 1302 Merritt, British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Caribou Dist, Merritt, p. , lines 43-48, household 7 8;
Pauline, age 27, with husband Melville, age 25, with daughter Jessie ( ?), age 2 months.
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921. 1303 Merritt, British Columbia, Canada
British Columbia, Caribou Dist., Merritt, p. 2, lines 30-35, househol d 22;
Pauline, age 30, with husband Melville, age 39, and children Bessie, a ge 9, Melville, age 8, Olive, age 3, and Ruth, age 6 months.
• Obituary, Aug 1972. 1304 Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
Passed away in the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops on Augus t 27, 1972, Pauline Baillie, 84 years of age.
Born in Spatsum, British Co-lumbia on June 15, 1888, Mrs. Baillie wa s a resident of Merritt for the past 54 years.
She is predeceased by her husband Melville in 1969 and a daughter, Mrs . Bessie McCon-nell, and is survived by, one son, Melville of Merrit t and four daughters, Mrs. Olive McMillan of Kamloops, Mrs. Ruth Guich on of Quilchena, Mrs. Isobel Gra-ham of Merritt and Mrs. Jac-queline G uichon of North Van-couver. '
She is also survived by a brother, Carrall Steffens of Kelowna and tw o sisters, Sophia Steffens of Merritt and Mrs. Minnie Baker of Ashcrof t, ele-ven grandsons, four grand-daughters and-two great-grand-sons.
The funeral service was field on August 29, 1972 from Trinity United C hurch in Merritt with R M. Taylor officiating.
Pallbearers were Laurie Graham, Gerard Guichon, Lau-rie Guichon, Be rnard Guichon, Clifford McConnell and Charlie McMillan.
Interment was in Pine Ridge Cemetery and Merritt Funeral Chapel was i n charge of ar-rangements.
• Cemetery: Pine Ridge Cemetery, Juniper Dr, 29 Aug 1972. 1301 Merritt, British Columbia, Canada
• Residence: Voght St, Aug 1972. 1301 Merritt, British Columbia, Canada
Pauline married Melville Charles Baillie, son of John Baillie and Jane Melville, on 20 Dec 1909 in Ashcroft, British Columbia, Canada 1299.,1300 (Melville Charles Baillie was born on 15 Oct 1880 in Earltown, Nova Scotia, Canada,1305 died on 13 Jul 1969 in Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada 1299,1305 and was buried on 16 Jul 1969 in Merritt, British Columbia, Canada 1305.). The cause of his death was Bronchial Pneumonia/Cerebral Myocardial degeneration due to Arterial Sclerosis.
The marriage took place at the residence of Mr. Fred Baker in Ashcroft , BC.