Pauline Steffens 422
- Born: 15 Jun 1888, Spatsum, , British Columbia, Canada 416,422,1412,1414
- Marriage: Melville Charles Baillie on 20 Dec 1909 in Ashcroft, , British Columbia, Canada 1412,1413
- Died: 27 Aug 1972, Kamloops, , British Columbia, Canada at age 84 1412,1414
- Buried: 29 Aug 1972, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada 1414
Cause of her death was Cancer in Bladder/Uremia.1414
Information provided by daughter Isobel Graham of 2490 Coldwater Ave., Merritt, BC.
Noted events in her life were:
• 1891 Census of Canada, 1891, Lytton, , British Columbia, Canada. 1402 British Columbia, Yale Dist., N. Lytton Sub-dist., p.2, line 25, p.3, lines 1-6, household 12;
Pauline, age 3, with father Henry, age 36, mother Sophia, age 26, and siblings Sophia, age 4, Mary, age 2, and Claude, age 9 months, with lodgers Mary A. McGilvery, age 19, and Archibald McGilvery, age 1.
• 1901 Census of Canada, 1901, Lytton, , British Columbia, Canada. 422 British Columbia, Yale West, Lytton, p. 7, lines 49-50, p.8, lines 1-7, household 84;
Pauline, age 12, with father Henry, age 45, mother Sophia, age 35, and siblings Sophia, age 14, Mary, age 11, Fritz, age 7, James, age 6, Thomas W., age 4, and Carl, age 1.
• Religion: Roman Catholic, 20 Dec 1909, Nicola, British Columbia, Canada. 1413
• Residence, 20 Dec 1909, Nicola, British Columbia, Canada. 1413
• 1911 Census of Canada, Jan 1911, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1415 British Columbia, Caribou Dist, Merritt, p. , lines 43-48, household 78;
Pauline, age 27, with husband Melville, age 25, with daughter Jessie (?), age 2 months.
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1416 British Columbia, Caribou Dist., Merritt, p. 2, lines 30-35, household 22;
Pauline, age 30, with husband Melville, age 39, and children Bessie, age 9, Melville, age 8, Olive, age 3, and Ruth, age 6 months.
• Obituary, Aug 1972, Kamloops, , British Columbia, Canada. 1417 Obituaries
Passed away in the Royal Inland Hospital in Kamloops on August 27, 1972, Pauline Baillie, 84 years of age.
Born in Spatsum, British Co-lumbia on June 15, 1888, Mrs. Baillie was a resident of Merritt for the past 54 years.
She is predeceased by her husband Melville in 1969 and a daughter, Mrs. Bessie McCon-nell, and is survived by, one son, Melville of Merritt and four daughters, Mrs. Olive McMillan of Kamloops, Mrs. Ruth Guichon of Quilchena, Mrs. Isobel Gra-ham of Merritt and Mrs. Jac-queline Guichon of North Van-couver. '
She is also survived by a brother, Carrall Steffens of Kelowna and two sisters, Sophia Steffens of Merritt and Mrs. Minnie Baker of Ashcroft, ele-ven grandsons, four grand-daughters and-two great-grand-sons.
The funeral service was field on August 29, 1972 from Trinity United Church in Merritt with R M. Taylor officiating.
Pallbearers were Laurie Graham, Gerard Guichon, Lau-rie Guichon, Bernard Guichon, Clifford McConnell and Charlie McMillan.
Interment was in Pine Ridge Cemetery and Merritt Funeral Chapel was in charge of ar-rangements.
• Residence: Voght St, Aug 1972, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1414
• Cemetery: Pine Ridge Cemetery, Juniper Dr, 29 Aug 1972, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1414
Pauline married Melville Charles Baillie, son of John Baillie and Jane Melville, on 20 Dec 1909 in Ashcroft, , British Columbia, Canada 1412.,1413 (Melville Charles Baillie was born on 15 Oct 1880 in Earltown, Nova Scotia, Canada,1418 died on 13 Jul 1969 in Kamloops, , British Columbia, Canada 1412,1418 and was buried on 16 Jul 1969 in Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada 1418.). The cause of his death was Bronchial Pneumonia/Cerebral Myocardial degeneration due to Arterial Sclerosis.1414
The marriage took place at the residence of Mr. Fred Baker in Ashcroft, BC. 1413