Carl Goddfredy Steffens 1222,1253
- Born: 16 Apr 1901, Lytton, British Columbia, Canada 394,1226,1254
- Died: 24 Feb 1990, Merritt, British Columbia, Canada at age 88 1254,1255
- Buried: Merritt, British Columbia, Canada 1255
Other names for Carl were Carl Gadfrey Steffens 399,400 and Carroll Geoffery Steffens.1255
Address: Nicola Valley General Hospital
Merrit, BC V0K 2B0 Canada
Noted events in his life were:
• 1901 Census of Canada, 1901, Lytton, British Columbia, Canada. 399 British Columbia, Yale West, Lytton, p. 7, lines 49-50, p.8, lines 1-7 , household 84;
Carl, age 1, with father Henry, age 45, mother Sophia, age 35, and sib lings Sophia, age 14, Pauline, age 12, Mary, age 11, Fritz, age 7, Jam es, age 6, and Thomas W., age 4.
• 1911 Census of Canada, 1911, Yale, Caribou, British Columbia, Canada. 400 British Columbia, Caribou District, Yale Twp., p. 1, lines 11-24, hous ehold 8;
Carl Gadfrey, age 10, with mother Sophia, age 46, and siblings Georg e Henry, age 26, Sophia, age 24, Pauline, age 22, Mary, age 21, Antis t (?), age 18, Fritz William, age 17, James, age 15, Thomas William, a ge 12, Frank Donald, age 8, and John Richard, age 6, with nephew Willi am Hulde Balles, age 2, and neice Ethel Baker, age 2 months.
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921, Mamette Lake, British Columbia, Canada. 401 British Columbia, Caribou District, Mamette Lake Municipality, p. 6, l ines 13-20, household 72;
Carl, age 20, with mother Sophia, age 55, and siblings Robert, age 26 , Fritz William, age 25, James, age 23, Thomas, age 20, Frank, age 18 , and John, age 16.
• Obituary, Feb 1990, Merritt, British Columbia, Canada. 1255 STEPHENS: Carroll Geoffrey (Steffens) passed away on February 2 4, 1990 at Nicola Valley General Hospital in Merritt, B.C. He is survi ved by a brother Rubert at Coquihalla House in Merritt and many niece s and nephews. He was predeceased by sisters Sophia, Pauline and Minni e, brothers Henry, James, Fred, Tom, Frank and Dick Carroll was bor n in Lytton, B.C. April 16, 1901. He was raised at Mammette Lake, edu cated and finally a diploma at Tri State at Angola, Ind., U.S.A. H e was author of books wrote many and poetry of which many are in n ewspapers, including the Merritt Herald, and magazines throughout west ern Canada - He especially wrote about the Cariboo, Okanagan and Nico la Valley. He loved the history our Canada and a historian with stor ies told in detail. He w be missed and remembered by all who knew hi m. A memorial service held at Coquihalla House Thursday, 1, 1990 a t 2:00 p.m. Rev. Donald Officiating following cremation. Donations i n his memory may be made to Gillis House, Merritt, B.C'.