Carl Goddfredy Steffens 1398,1431
- Born: 16 Apr 1901, Lytton, , British Columbia, Canada 416,1403,1432
- Died: 24 Feb 1990, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada at age 88 1432,1433
- Crem.: Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada 1433
Other names for Carl were Carl Gadfrey Steffens 422,423 and Carroll Geoffery Steffens.1433
Noted events in his life were:
• 1901 Census of Canada, 1901, Lytton, , British Columbia, Canada. 422 British Columbia, Yale West, Lytton, p. 7, lines 49-50, p.8, lines 1-7, household 84;
Carl, age 1, with father Henry, age 45, mother Sophia, age 35, and siblings Sophia, age 14, Pauline, age 12, Mary, age 11, Fritz, age 7, James, age 6, and Thomas W., age 4.
• 1911 Census of Canada, 1911, , Yale, Caribou, British Columbia, Canada. 423 British Columbia, Caribou District, Yale Twp., p. 1, lines 11-24, household 8;
Carl Gadfrey, age 10, with mother Sophia, age 46, and siblings George Henry, age 26, Sophia, age 24, Pauline, age 22, Mary, age 21, Antist (?), age 18, Fritz William, age 17, James, age 15, Thomas William, age 12, Frank Donald, age 8, and John Richard, age 6, with nephew William Hulde Balles, age 2, and neice Ethel Baker, age 2 months.
• 1921 Census of Canada, 1921, Mamette Lake, , British Columbia, Canada. 424 British Columbia, Caribou District, Mamette Lake Municipality, p. 6, lines 13-20, household 72;
Carl, age 20, with mother Sophia, age 55, and siblings Robert, age 26, Fritz William, age 25, James, age 23, Thomas, age 20, Frank, age 18, and John, age 16.
• Obituary, Feb 1990, Merritt, , British Columbia, Canada. 1433 STEPHENS: Carroll Geoffrey (Steffens) passed away on February 24, 1990 at Nicola Valley General Hospital in Merritt, B.C. He is survived by a brother Rubert at Coquihalla House in Merritt and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by sisters Sophia, Pauline and Minnie, brothers Henry, James, Fred, Tom, Frank and Dick Carroll was born in Lytton, B.C. April 16, 1901. He was raised at Mammette Lake, educated and finally a diploma at Tri State at Angola, Ind., U.S.A. He was author of books wrote many and poetry of which many are in newspapers, including the Merritt Herald, and magazines throughout western Canada - He especially wrote about the Cariboo, Okanagan and Nicola Valley. He loved the history our Canada and a historian with stories told in detail. He w be missed and remembered by all who knew him. A memorial service held at Coquihalla House Thursday, 1, 1990 at 2:00 p.m. Rev. Donald Officiating following cremation. Donations in his memory may be made to Gillis House, Merritt, B.C'.