Roy Ernest Lee 2,60
- Born: 9 Jul 1914, Forward, Saskatchewan, Canada 2,60,223,379
- Marriage: Margaret Iola Belle McBurney on 18 Dec 1951 2,60
- Died: 5 Sep 1993, Calgary, Alberta, Canada at age 79 379
- Buried: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Cause of his death was Heart Failure.
Notes from Viola Lee:
My great grandfather (William Lee) and my grandfather (Robert Lewis Le e) with some of my grandfather, Robert's brothers homesteaded in the Y ellow Grass area of Saskatchewan. My grandfather returned to the State s in 1907 and returned to Saskatchewan later (I'm not sure when as m y father and siblings were all born in Saskatchewan. My father alway s claimed he was born at Axford, SK, but his mother put down Forward , SK for his birth certificate. I'm not sure when they moved to the fa rm at Erskine, AB or for how long before he and my grandmother moved t o Salmon Arm). My Dad remained on the farm and visited his parents i n Salmon Arm in the winter and that's where he met my mother, meetin g Uncle Bus and Grandpa (Hugh) McBurney first as they were visiting m y Aunt Jean Chalmers. My mother had moved to Salmon Arm also and was w orking there. My parents lived at the farm at Erskine after they wer e married and moved to a farm at Lacombe, AB in April 1963. In May 197 1 just before my grandmother passed away, my parents moved into a hous e in Innisfail, AB. Dad worked at the Innisfail Auction Mart until h e retired.
Address: Foothills Hospital
1403 29th St. NW
Calgary, AB T2N 2T9 Canada
Address: Queen's Park Cemetery
3219 4 Street Northwest
Calgary, AB Canada
Noted events in his life were:
• Cemetery: Queen's Park Cemetery, 3219 4 Street Northwest, 1993, Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 379,380
• Baptism: Houston Lutheran Church, 6 Aug 1918, Houston, Minnesota, USA. 381
• Border Crossing: from Bengough, Saskatchewan, 21 Jul 1937, Whitetail, Daniels, Montana, United States. 382 Accompanied by mother Emma.
Father's address is shown as Armstrong, B.C.
Roy is described as 5 ft. 9 in., Medium complexion, Brown hair, Blue e yes, with a scar on left index finger.
Record shows they returned 27 Jul 1937 theroug the Roosville, BC, Bord er Crossing.
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): Roy, age 1, with father Robert, age 32, mother Emma, age 27, and siste, 1916, Brokenshell, Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada. 86 r Myrtle, age 4, with farm hand Wellington Brenton, age 18.
• Religion: Methodist, 1916, Brokenshell, Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada. 86
• 1921 Census of Canada: Roy, age 6, with father Robert, age 37, mother Emma, age 31, and sibli, 1921, Brokenshell, Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada. 21 ngs Mirtle, age 8, and William, age 1, with servant Archie McKay.
Roy married Margaret Iola Belle McBurney, daughter of Hugh McBurney and Mary Maud Passmore, on 18 Dec 1951 2.,60 (Margaret Iola Belle McBurney was born on 6 Nov 1922 in Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada,2,60,64,378 died on 26 Dec 1991 in Innisfail, Ranchland, Alberta, Canada 223,379 and was buried in 1991 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada 378.). The cause of her death was Cancer.