Mary Fetterley 1552
- Born: Mar 1904, Williamsburg, Dundas, Ontario, Canada 1552
- Marriage: John Glen Colbert 1418
Noted events in her life were:
• 1911 Census of Canada, 21 Jun 1911, Williamsburg, Dundas, Ontario, Canada. 1552 Ontario, Dundas Co., Williamsburg Twp., p. 18, lines 41-45, househol d 188;
Mary, age 7, with father Adelbert, age 52, mother Louisa, age 53, an d siblings Fred, age 25, and Orrin, age 17.
• Border Crossing: from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, May 1920, Massena, St Lawrence, New York, USA. 1553 Florence (Mary?), age 16, with father Adelbert, age 63, and mother Lou isa, age 63.
• Residence: Queen's Valley, Springfield, Manitoba, Canada. 1418
• Farm Life: Barn Dances, 1951, Millbrook, Springfield, Manitoba, Canada. 1412 Most of the Millbrook young people of the fifties will remember the ba rn dances held in Glen Colbert's new barn of 1951 on the centre line n ear Salter's homestead. Those were the years when good times were enjo yed by young people pooling their talents and resources. More dances w ere held in the loft of the barn, often with cattle below. As many a s two hundred people attended. Ladies brought cake and sandwiches. Gle n and Mary provided the coffee. Admission was free, though they did ta ke a collection to pay for the insurance on the building. If there wa s a little over, it went to the orchestra which was composed of loca l people who played good country music. Some were: Tom Amms, Mike Hond uburra, Mike Ruffles, Arsene Ballegeer, and Ron Fetterly. Local boys G ilbert Irwin and Stanley McIvor were square dance callers and announce rs. Waltzes, polkas, one steps, two steps and other dances were all en joyed.
Mary married John Glen Colbert, son of James Alfred Colbert and Minnie Martha Gallop.1418 (John Glen Colbert was born about 1916 in Saskatchewan, Canada 1420.)