- Born: 15 Jun 1913 180,1519
- Marriage: Mary Ada Fetterly 1517
- Died: 5 Dec 1998 at age 85 180
- Buried: 1998, Millbrooke, Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada 180
Event Description: Millbrook Cemetery
Noted events in his life were:
• 1921 Census of Canada: John Glen, age 5, with father James, age 55, mother Minnie, age 45, an, 6 Jun 1921. 1519 d siblings Myrtle, age 17, Chester, age 15, Sidney, age 13, Minnie, ag e 12, Leslie, age 10, Hazel, age 8, and Charles Brien, age 4.
Springfield, Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
Manitoba, Springfield Mun., p. 4, lines 16-25, household 33;
John Glen, age 5, with father James, age 55, mother Minnie, age 45, an d siblings Myrtle, age 17, Chester, age 15, Sidney, age 13, Minnie, ag e 12, Leslie, age 10, Hazel, age 8, and Charles Brien, age 4.
• Farm Life: Barn Dances, 1951. 1511 Millbrook, Springfield, Manitoba, Canada
Most of the Millbrook young people of the fifties will remember the ba rn dances held in Glen Colbert's new barn of 1951 on the centre line n ear Salter's homestead. Those were the years when good times were enjo yed by young people pooling their talents and resources. More dances w ere held in the loft of the barn, often with cattle below. As many a s two hundred people attended. Ladies brought cake and sandwiches. Gle n and Mary provided the coffee. Admission was free, though they did ta ke a collection to pay for the insurance on the building. If there wa s a little over, it went to the orchestra which was composed of loca l people who played good country music. Some were: Tom Amms, Mike Hond uburra, Mike Ruffles, Arsene Ballegeer, and Ron Fetterly. Local boys G ilbert Irwin and Stanley McIvor were square dance callers and announce rs. Waltzes, polkas, one steps, two steps and other dances were all en joyed.
• Grave Marker: Millbrook Cemetery, 1998. 180 Millbrooke, Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada
• Residence: NW Sec. 23, Twp. 10, Rge. 6, 8E, 6 Jun 1921. 1519 Springfield, Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada
John married Mary Ada Fetterly, daughter of John Fetterly and Ada Mary Hemmings.1517 (Mary Ada Fetterly was born on 23 Jun 1914 in Springfield, Selkirk, Manitoba, Canada,1,16 died on 2 Mar 1998 in Manitoba, Canada 4 and was buried in 1998 in Millbrooke, Beausejour, Manitoba, Canada 4.)