Stuart Earl McBurney 2,51
- Born: 2 Sep 1923, Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada 2,51
- Marriage: Hazel Georgina Timmons on 15 Nov 1945 in Glenbain, Saskatchewan, Canada 2,51
- Died: 16 Mar 2018, Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada at age 94 85
Cause of his death was Kidney failure, pneumonia.
Noted events in his life were:
• Residence, 1977. 24 Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Family History: Simmie Saga, Sep 1981. 86 Simmie, Saskatchewan, Canada
by Hazel McBurney
Stuart started farming on his own in 1948. In 1945 he married Hazel Ti mmons. They have three daughters.
Sheila married Steven Elnes. They live in Parksville, B.C. Steve is wi th an Insurance Agency and Sheila works in the Toronto Dominion Bank.
Jacqueline married Grant Magnuson. They have two girls - Lee Anne an d Terri Lynn. Grant works in the Royal Bank in Shaunavon.
Candace works at Saskatoon Graphics, Saskatoon, in the Art Department.
In our farming operation, we had hired help that lived in the small ho use in our yard. Our first couple was Pat and Madeline Spetz who now l ive in Admiral. Gloria and Gerald Wright was the next couple to work f or us. They are from the Webb district. Jack and Joan Stober came fo r a year or so. They came from north of Antelope. The last couple we h ad was continuously in trouble with the law and left in a hurry, leavi ng debts in the district.
Our girls went to Admiral School by bus. Sheila and Jacqueline took al l their schooling there, but in 1975 we moved to Swift Current and Can dy finished her schooling at the Comprehensive High School.
During the farming years we bought and fed cattle, then sold the finis hed animal. At one time, we were feeding two hundred head. Stuart als o had a successful trucking business in which he hauled grain to ranch ers and feed lots Farming was made so much easier when the power was p ut in in 1953. In 1980 we rented the farm to Terry, Dick and Dan Braun . We now reside in Swift Current.
• Border Crossing, 24 Jul 1945. 87 Loring, Phillips, Montana, USA
Planned to visit in Malta, Montana for 3 days.
• Canadian Voter List, 1953. 20 Simmie, Saskatchewan, Canada
• Residence, Jul 1945. 87 Simmie, Saskatchewan, Canada
Living with his father John Albert McBurney.
Stuart married Hazel Georgina Timmons, daughter of Richard James Timmons and Edith May Service, on 15 Nov 1945 in Glenbain, Saskatchewan, Canada 2.,51 (Hazel Georgina Timmons was born on 14 Dec 1919 in Glenbain, Saskatchewan, Canada,2,51 died on 6 Jul 2010 in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada 88 and was buried on 14 Jul 2010 in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada 88.)