Samuel G. Lowry 1989
- Born: 19 Mar 1858, , Huntley, Carleton, Ontario, Canada 1989,2008
- Marriage: Rebecca Agnes Gordon on 25 Dec 1894 in , Goulbourn, Carleton, Ontario, Canada 1989
- Died: 27 Feb 1946, , Ramsay, Lanark, Ontario, Canada at age 87 2008
- Buried: Almonte, Ramsay, Lanark, Ontario, Canada 2008
The G. was added for Identification, no name with it.
After his stepfather's death, Samuel G. Lory took over the farm and cared for his mother and young sisters.
Noted events in his life were:
• Family History. 2008 Sam 's father died when he was 6 m onths old. His mother remarried when he was 8 yrs - his step -f ather died w hen he was 16yrs and he took over the support of his mother and four young siste rs. In 1605 he moved to Ramsay Twp. and liv e d on a r e nted farm on C8 for a year. In 1886 he bought the W 1/2 L5 C9 (100 acr es) Ramsey Twp. from Smith Mo orecraft for $3 ,800 (Almonte Gazette - 5 0 y rs. ago - 1 936) . Sam Lowry and his cousin David Gordon bui l t the house on the property. Thi s farm w as later the home of his so n Hollie Lowry, followed by his grandson Donald Lowry.
• Cemetery: Auld Kirk Cemetery, 1923 Ramsay Concession 8, 1946, Almonte, Ramsay, Lanark, Ontario, Canada. 2008
Samuel married Rebecca Agnes Gordon, daughter of John Gordon and Margaret Jane Walker, on 25 Dec 1894 in , Goulbourn, Carleton, Ontario, Canada.1989 (Rebecca Agnes Gordon was born on 26 Sep 1866 in , Goulbourn, Carleton, Ontario, Canada,2007,2008 died on 4 Sep 1940 in , Ramsay, Lanark, Ontario, Canada 2008 and was buried in Almonte, Ramsay, Lanark, Ontario, Canada 2008.)
She was married at her fathers home by Rev.Robert Whillians. Witnesses were Charlotte Scott and D. L. Gordon. 2008