James David Davidson 2,56
- Born: 24 Nov 1876, Scotland 2,35,56
- Marriage (1): Muriel Mary Lillian McBurney 2,56
- Marriage (2): Catherine Gilward Milne
- Died: 26 Feb 1940 at age 63 2,56
Noted events in his life were:
• Alt. Birth, 1876. 411 Fishertown, Connage, Petty, Inverness-shire, Scotland
• 1916 Census of Canada (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta): James, age 38, with wife Catherine, age 34, and children Catherine E, 1916. 84 , age 12, William E., age 8, Edith E., age 4, and James S., age 2.
Souris, Manitoba, Canada
• 1921 Census of Canada: James, age 44, with wife Catherine, age 40, and children Catherine, ag, 14 Jun 1921. 26 e 17, William, age 13, Edith, age 9, James, age 7, and Ivan, age 4.
Souris, Manitoba, Canada
• Family History, 2006. 35 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
DAVIDSON, JAMES AND CATHERINE
James (1876-1940) Catherine (1881-1931)
James and Catherine were married in 1903, in Aberdeen. Scotland, immig rating to Canada and residing in Manitoba. They secured a position wor king on a farm north of Souris, in 1904, they moved to Souris. James w as a well driller, and also worked with the CPR. In 1928, he farmed o n the North West corner of the airport land. They raised a family of f ive.
Catherine, born 1904, married Harry McBurney in 1927. They farmed in t he Botany district. Their family: Elva, Marjorie and Murray. Catherin e is living in the Personal Care Home in her 102nd year. (See McBurne y History)
W. G. (Bill) 1908-1988, farmed north of Souris. He married Iris (nee P rattley) in 1974 and they lived in Oak River and Rivers. No family.
Edith, 1911-1986, married Earl McBurney in 1938. They farmed in the Li ly District. Their family: Eleanor, Bob, and Ruth. (See McBurney Histo ry)
James (Jim) 1914-1957, served in the military 1939-1945. Jim worked i n the mines in B.C. after the war. He was killed accidentally in 1957 . No family.
Iven, 1916-1997, married Emerald (nee Henderson) in 1948, in Vancouver . He worked with the CPR and later London Life. Emerald and children B arbara, Ross and Bruce are all living in the Vancouver area.
• Moved, 1904. 35 Souris, Manitoba, Canada
• Occupation: Well driller. 35
• Employer: CPR. 35
• Occupation: Farmer, 1928. 35 He farmed on the North West corner of the airport land.
James married Muriel Mary Lillian McBurney, daughter of Joseph Albert McBurney and Christina Pritchard 2.,56 (Muriel Mary Lillian McBurney was born on 23 Apr 1911 in Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada,1,2,56,412 died on 2 Feb 1991 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 412 and was buried on 6 Feb 1991 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 412.)
James next married Catherine Gilward Milne.