Julia Samuella Newton 25
- Born: 6 May 1878, Panola, Texas, USA 25
- Marriage: Claude Pollard
- Died: 18 Dec 1965, Houston, Harris, Texas, USA at age 87 25
- Buried: Dec 1965, Austin, Travis, Texas, USA 25
Event Description: Texas State Cemetery - Plot Republic Hill, Section 1, Row B, Number 11
Noted events in her life were:
• Biography. Austin, Travis, Texas, USA
POLLARD, JULIA NEWTON (1878 ~ 1965). Julia Newton Pollard was born i n 1878. On December 27, 1897, she married Claude Pollard, and they ha d two children.
Her husband served as Panola county attorney from 1895 to 1898, Unite d States district attorney from 1900 to 1905, and assistant attorney g eneral of Texas from 1905 to 1909. He defeated James Allred for attorn ey general in 1926 and was reelected in 1928. He resigned in Septembe r 1929, before the end of his second term, to become general counsel f or the Railway General Managers' Association of Texas.
Claude Pollard died in Austin on November 25, 1942, and was buried i n the Texas State Cemetery.
Julia Pollard was 87 years old when she died in Houston, Texas on Dece mber 18, 1965 and was buried in the Texas State Cemetery.
• Grave Marker: Texas State Cemetery - Plot Republic Hill, Section 1, Row B, Number 10. 25 -11
Austin, Travis, Texas, USA
• 1920 Census of Texas, USA: Julia, age 41, with husband Claude, age 45, and children Lorraine, ag, 3 Jan 1920. 2361 e 18, and Claude, age 7, with father-in-law Samuel M. Newton, age 79 , and cook Minnie Slaughter, age 25.
Houston, Harris, Texas, USA
Julia married Claude Pollard. (Claude Pollard was born on 14 Feb 1874 in Carthage, Panola, Texas, USA,25 died on 25 Nov 1942 in Austin, Travis, Texas, USA 25 and was buried in Nov 1942 in Austin, Travis, Texas, USA 25.)