Howard Lloyd Mortensen 2
- Born: 1 Aug 1930, Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada
- Marriage: Irene Anne Booker on 6 Nov 1948 in Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada 163
- Died: 3 Mar 1999, Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada at age 68
- Buried: 1999, Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada 78,163
Another name for Howard was Bud.
The following article on the Mortenson Family comes from th e History Book "Praitie Profiles" (1979)
HOWARD LLOYD ("BUD") MORTENSEN
I was born in 1930 in the Shaunavon Hospital. Started school at Ear Vi ew then attended Mount Royal, Kemmel Hill in Antelope and finished wit h High School in Gull Lake. Dean has recalled the teachers in the coun try schools.
I married Irene Booker in 1948 and worked for the Pool Elevator in Gul l Lake and then in Regina. We moved to Souris, Manitoba in 1949 an d I worked as a C. P. R. Locomotive Fireman between Souris and Esteva n from 1949 to 1954. In the fall of 1954 we moved back to Gull Lake an d I began work as a battery operator for Mobil Oil. In 1959 we bough t the Joe Rainey farm and farmed along with battery operating.
We have five daughters: Cheryl (Mrs. Wayne Raketti) of Red Deer, Alber ta, who has two children; Terry (Mrs. Dale Irwin) of Saskatoon; Wend y (Mrs. Rick Munt) of Gull Lake who has two children; Debbie who work s at the Research Station in Swift Current and Cindy who is still goin g to school in Gull Lake.
Event Description: Gull Lake Cemetery
Noted events in his life were:
• Cemetery: Gull Lake & District Cemetery, 1999. 19 Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada
HOWARD L.IRENE A.
1930 - 19991932 - 1998
TOGETHER AGAINGOD NEEDED AN ANGEL
SO HE TOOK MINE
• Family History, 1979. 80 Taken from the Antelope District History Book "Family Profiles". Th e text of these photos is detailed under "Research Notes".
Howard married Irene Anne Booker, daughter of Al Booker and Winnie, on 6 Nov 1948 in Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada.163 (Irene Anne Booker was born on 20 Feb 1932 in Kincaid, Saskatchewan, Canada,163 died on 19 Jul 1998 in Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada and was buried in 1998 in Gull Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada 78,163.)