Frank Cole McBurney 2,15
- Born: 17 Jun 1909, Mentieth, Glenwood, Manitoba, Canada 1,15
- Marriage: Dorothy Belle McBurney on 7 Mar 1940 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada 15
- Died: 6 Apr 1986, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada at age 76 15
- Buried: Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 15
Cause of his death was Renal Failure.
After Frank's father died, he took over the management of the Mentiet h elevator. Dora came to Manitoba from Saskatchewan as a young woman . While she was involved in her nursing career, she contracted Tubercu losis. This necessitated spending seven years in a sanitorium near Re gina, Saskatchewan. (Qu'appelle Sanitorium)
Dora Dodd kept house for Frank. Dora McBurney came to visit and staye d on. Jack McBurney, her father, had travelled by train from Admiral , Saskatchewan. He was bringing his cattle to his youngest brother' s farm (Russell) because of the terrible draught in southwestern Saska tchewan. Frank and Dora were married in 1940. In 1941, Frank and Dor a adopted Lloyd McBurney's (Dora's brother) twin sons Lynn and Lloyd . Lloyd's first wife June, had died from complications following the b irth of the twins.
A few years later, Frank was promoted and the family moved to Forrest , Manitoba, just north of Brandon. In the spring of 1947, the famil y moved to Dauphin, Manitoba. Their son Phillip was born in Novembe r of that year. Dora worked for many years in a doctor's office. Fran k was very active in the Masonic Lodge, and Shriners, and both he an d Dora were involved in the Eastern Star. Frank was involved in Lion s Club and was a life member of the Dauphin Curling club. Dora was ve ry artisically talented, and did beautiful petit point needlework. Sh e died very suddenly in 1977, and Frank continued to live in Dauphin t ill he died from renal failure in 1986.
Address: Riverside Cemetery
Hartney, Manitoba Canada
Noted events in his life were:
• 1911 Census of Canada: Frank McBurney, age 1, with grandfather Samuel Cole, age 71, grandmoth, 1911. 16 er Judith Cole, age 68, aunt Fanney Cole, age 36, and mother Lucy McBu rney, age 39.
Hullett, Huron, Ontario, Canada
Ontario, Bruce Co., Hullett Twp., p. 9, lines 32-36, household 103;
Frank McBurney, age 1, with grandfather Samuel Cole, age 71, grandmoth er Judith Cole, age 68, aunt Fanney Cole, age 36, and mother Lucy McBu rney, age 39.
• 1921 Census of Canada: Frank, age 12, with father Robert, age 49, and mother Lucy, age 49, 1921. 17 Glenwood, Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Manitoba, Brandon, Glenwood Mun.; Sec. 7, Twp. 7, Rge. 22, W1; P. 11 , lines 7-9, household 104;
Frank, age 12, with father Robert, age 49, and mother Lucy, age 49.
• Occupation: Elevator Agent, Between 1938 and 1975. 18 Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
Frank was an Agent for Manitoba Pool Elevators from around 1938 till h is retirement in 1975. He took over the elevator in Mentieth, Manitob a from his father, then moved to Forrest, Manitoba around 1941, then i n 1947 to Dauphin Manitoba where he bought grain till he retired. I b elieve he also worked for short periods in other small Manitoba townd , Napinka, Manitoba for one.
Frank worked in elevator "B", and Elevator "A" was run first by Roy Ro binson, then, when Roy went to the new Elevator "C" across the river , Elevator "A" was run by Don Longmuir.
• Travel: with Russell McBurney, 27 Jun 1939. 19 Chicago, Cook, Illinois, USA
Frank and Russell stayed at the Stevens Hotel in Chicago for $2.00 a n ight.
• Migration, 1947. Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
• Cemetery: Riverside Cemetery, 1986. 15 Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada
• Grave Marker: Riverside Cemetery, Apr 1986. Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada
• Canadian Voter List, 1974. 20 Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada
• Travel, 1952. 18 Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
At Grandpa McBurney's house in Port Moody, BC. In Grandpa's old truck : Driving is Frank, beside him is Phil, above Phil is Lynn, beside Fra nk holding Camera is Lloyd, at the very back of the truck is Patsy Cor kery, beside her is Dora McBurney. Not sure who the other children ar e.
Frank married Dorothy Belle McBurney, daughter of John Albert McBurney and Annie Christina Manning, on 7 Mar 1940 in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada.15 (Dorothy Belle McBurney was born on 11 Sep 1910 in Mentieth, Glenwood, Manitoba, Canada,1,15 died on 18 Sep 1977 in Dauphin, Manitoba, Canada 15 and was buried in Hartney, Grassland, Manitoba, Canada 15.)